Supertech ST9688 C&P 2,789 miles

This is a ST9688 from my mom's 2018 Kia Soul. 30,555 miles on vehicle, 2,789 miles on the filter.
Short mileage due to warranty (6 month interval).
Overall very happy with this filter construction.

1.JPG

2.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

Great looking filter. Granted
Thanks for the C&P @blupupher
I agree, very short interval.
One of the reasons I use them is they are cheap. Even if I was doing "regular" intervals, I would use them.
Unfortunately, it will be a while till I buy more (I currently have one on the Soul that is coming off soon).
I got a bunch of Champion COS3593A and XG9688 filters from @SlavaB for the price of shipping a while back, so I will be using those for a while (luckily I service several vehicles that use this size filter, 2010 Santa Fe, 2003 Santa Fe, 2004 Sonata, 2018 Soul).

I agree, very short interval.
One of the reasons I use them is they are cheap. Even if I was doing "regular" intervals, I would use them.
Unfortunately, it will be a while till I buy more (I currently have one on the Soul that is coming off soon).
I got a bunch of Champion COS3593A and XG9688 filters from @SlavaB for the price of shipping a while back, so I will be using those for a while (luckily I service several vehicles that use this size filter, 2010 Santa Fe, 2003 Santa Fe, 2004 Sonata, 2018 Soul).
What oil and filter went back in and on? Thank You, nice cut and post

I remember Adam posting this filter with his C&P and I was impressed with it then and still am. Nice looking filter construction wise for 3 bucks.
Yeah, I remember the first one of these Champ made filters he posted and liked the look of it. I have used 2-3 of these so far.
What oil and filter went back in and on? Thank You, nice cut and post
I put on another ST9688 and some Rotella Gas Truck.

kia-30555-jpeg.48619

This was done back in March, so will be due next month and will have another one to post.
It will get more Rotella G/T 5w-30 and a Champ COS3593A filter for the next several changes.

I had a bunch of filters from the past year to cut, and finally got around to it today.

Filter looks pretty good, have one in my drawer. How's the steel can thickness compared to OEM or Fram? Only thing that's stopped me from using it is I'm afraid it will explode at 6500 RPM on the highway.

Filter looks pretty good, have one in my drawer. How's the steel can thickness compared to OEM or Fram? Only thing that's stopped me from using it is I'm afraid it will explode at 6500 RPM on the highway.
Not something to worry about.
I did not really pay attention to it, but did not notice it feeling any different than the Fram, Honda and Wix filters I cut open today.

I actually kind of like the eCore center tube with the metal end caps design. The eCore center tube design looks well designed (smallish windows) and nothing to worry about on this one.

Hope you guys have better luck with champion than I did, all the ones for my F150 leaked.

Hope you guys have better luck with champion than I did, all the ones for my F150 leaked.

That's not good to hear. I never tried a ST on my F150 and typically stayed with Motorcraft except for a couple of runs with NAPA Silver and Gold. Where did it leak from and what application?

That's not good to hear. I never tried a ST on my F150 and typically stayed with Motorcraft except for a couple of runs with NAPA Silver and Gold. Where did it leak from and what application?
I referred to champion filters, not the champ ST.different company I think, just to clear that up.

The can thickness is pretty good on this one. Only reason I stopped using it is I had a 6 pack of OEM filters to finish up. I'm curious if there are any changes on the white supertech filters vs these old blue ones.

Back