Supertech HM FS 5W30 D1G3 VOA

ST FS HM 5W30 D1G3.jpg

This actually is pretty spot on with their PDS:

ST FS HM 5W30 D1G3 PDS.jpg

Of all the things oil companies arent held to, its a VOA up front. You'd think with all the work they have to do, it would only help them sell their product.
Well, sell their oil to us or someone who would care. The average end user's order of priorities are price first, color of the bottle second. VOA isn't even on their radar.

That spec sheet along with your VOA is very informative. NOACK a bit high at 11.6% TBN a little lower than tested. But look at the VI 168. Speed brought up how GTL may show lower oxidation values but still be high quality base oil. Viscosity testing at 10.4 is fantastic these days for a 5w-30! Thanks for testing these!

Very good info that I haven't been able to find anywhere on some oils listed. I was very curious about the Kirkland Signature oil, since we just got a Costco membership.

After some digging, and a final decision to abandon 0w-20, I got my wife's '20 Mazda CX-5 on PUP 5W30. Glad to see it's on the lower viscosity side of the xW-30 oils. As for my '12 CR-V, my summer oil this year is currently PP 10W30. I'd love to see how that compares to the other PP oils. Winter oil is going to be the same as the wife's oil.

What I find very interesting though, is that the viscosities of 0W30 actually make them better candidates for summer oil than winter oil. I'm seeing that 5W30 viscosities are for at least the old I'm looking at, better winter oils. We are in central Virginia. We see 90+ F temps in summer and as low as 15F temps in winter.

Back