Supercharged Coyote Engine Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buck91
I'd run a 5w50 (or there abouts) as is recommended in the Boss.

+2

Or the M1 15w50

That much power you want thick. When I read 800+ HP I was like wow. Then I saw 5w-20 and was like whhhhaaaaaaatttttttt?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted By: oesman
Thanks guys, I decided to order some Motul 300V Chrono 10w40. ECS Tuning had the best deal on it as of yesterday, free shipping too. Should have it Friday. Will post a UOA at some point in the future along with the UOA for the used Mobil 1 5w20 that I'm changing out.
I think that's a good place to start. And please post the UOA's. I, for one, would appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: oesman
Thanks guys, I decided to order some Motul 300V Chrono 10w40. ECS Tuning had the best deal on it as of yesterday, free shipping too. Should have it Friday. Will post a UOA at some point in the future along with the UOA for the used Mobil 1 5w20 that I'm changing out.

I have used both Motul and Redline. More Motul recently. Keep us posted as the OCI progresses. I'd like to know how this goes ...
smile.gif

Cars that that make this kind of power and use this kind of fuel (@ WOT) aren't really good candidates for extended OCIs.

The best bang for your buck will be a Euro 0W-40 or a 5W-40 CJ/CK-4 oil with the more frequent oil change interval.

If the application is street/strip, a good 40 weight is all you'll need.
Coyotes are sensitive to oil temp, they reduce power as oil temps approach 210-220°, a thinner 0W-40 is a good compromise for street/strip.
5W-50 is spec'd around road course usage.

Is this a track car only? Or how are you getting away with emissions having both cats removed?

Originally Posted By: jongies3
Is this a track car only? Or how are you getting away with emissions having both cats removed?

I think some county does not require emission test. Michigan or Ohio does not even have state inspecion lol

Last edited:
Check out Ford Australia's recommendation as a starting point - the later Falcon XR8 and GT's all ran the supercharged Coyote "Miami" motors. FWIW for the n/a Coyote motor - Castrol Edge 0W/40 was the recommendation which is also what I run in my Ford G6E turbo - although 15W/40 is Ford's recommendation.

I ran the the Motul 300V 10w/40 in my modded SR20 powered S15 making 400rwhp with no problems for 6 years before I sold it - so I can't imagine you'd have any issues in a lower stressed motor with that oil. Although I might be tempted to run a 15w/40 or 15w/50 depending on how your low rpm oil pressures are after some track work.

FWIW my brother runs Castrol Edge 10W/60 in his twin turbo LS2 Commodore and has done so for the last 9 or so years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back