Super Tech Euro Spec Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Interesting. SN and Euro.

Not a problem in a 40.

As others have pointed out, the price won't be interesting until maybe late December or early January. As it stands, why would I walk past the Castrol 0w-40 on special?

I saw this at my local Walmart a week or so ago. If it ever goes on sale I wouldn't see a reason not to buy it since it meets the spec for my car. I read the label a few times just to make sure it said that it "meets requirements for..." rather than "recommended for" haha

lookin at the Mag I from Warren oil, prolly the same for more $$$. thinkin about it for girlfriends oil drinkin 13 malibu LS 2.5L. checked mag I specs + its on the thin side for a 40W + specs look good!

Would you like to be the first to try Amazon Basics Euro 5w40? It's made by Warren too, but only claims the A3/B4 specification. it's entirely possible it's the same as the Supertech.

But when you can get Castrol 5w-40 or Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w-40 at Wal-Mart cheaper, what's the point?

Originally Posted by HappyLittlePony
Would you like to be the first to try Amazon Basics Euro 5w40? It's made by Warren too, but only claims the A3/B4 specification. it's entirely possible it's the same as the Supertech.

But when you can get Castrol 5w-40 or Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w-40 at Wal-Mart cheaper, what's the point?

x2

Nice to see it out there when in a pinch or don't want to deal with rebates, but no point if you plan ahead.

no european spec ST 5-40 even on a walmart.com search. with other name brands going up to $25 or so + mobil I extended performance about $30 in 5 qt containers i would give it a go IF i could find any

Originally Posted by benjy
no european spec ST 5-40 even on a walmart.com search. with other name brands going up to $25 or so + mobil I extended performance about $30 in 5 qt containers i would give it a go IF i could find any

Seems to be a Canada thing. You could try the Amazon Euro oil or STP Euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back