Suggestions for a TPMS tool?

I have an older Ateq VT55 that only works on cars up to 2012 and no updates are available. What is a good replacement that can program many aftermarket sensors and doesn’t require annual paid updates to keep working? Looking under $300.

The Autel TS508 looks good but only programs Autel sensors. The Ateq VT37 programs many aftermarket sensors but reading the reviews, many people say it stops working after a year if you don’t do an update that costs almost as much as the tool itself.

I was worried about the programming aspect of things but after a few years of working with these tools I've realized that every sensor that I buy is already programmed. The Autel does program their own sensors for universal applications but if you are buying sensors on-line for a specific vehicle then they will come pre-programmed.

I bought a TS508 and it came with 8 sensors that I used for my own personal vehicles but over the past two years every sensor I've ordered for a customer has already been programmed and I only had to install them and do the relearn. The TS508 does that nicely.

Advantage of using the Autel sensors comes when you own a shop and need to get a customer in and out in a very short time. You keep only the Autel sensors on hand and you can program them for anything that's coming through the door. Otherwise, if you're a DIY'er who knows you are going to be installing new sensors then you just buy the sensors on-line that you want for the best price and have them installed.

I highly recommend the TS-508 from Autel.

What @FowVay said, same here, I bought new TS508 kit with 8 sensors on Amazon a year ago or so and not looking back. 4 sensors went to daughter's car, still have 4 left, not doing it for living thou.
My auto mechanic buddy also carried TS508 and Autel sensors only as they are versatile and can be had relatively cheap. His shop had tire machines but it wasn't his main thing. My buddy passed away just before Christmas last year.

I have a Thinkcar one that works with my Thinktool ProS scanner. I can read pretty much all sensors but can only program Thinkcar sensors. The sensors are pretty reasonable at $25 each.

My offer on Ebay of $140 was accepted for this one, plus $5 shipping. Anything I missed in the ad suggesting I'm getting taken?

The ad is gone now, but TS508WF is an 'upgrade' to TS508 in that it can install S/W updates over Wi-Fi as opposed to connecting to a computer with cable. S/W updates are free lifetime. There is nothing wrong with the fact the tool can program MX sensors only, it will read all sensors.

Back