Stop The Shooting..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
And after masacre in Paris...EU comission said that you will have to visit. doctor and psyhologist every 5 years....that seems ok to me...

As ok as that seems, is there any explaination as to how that particular law would have prevented that particular crime ?

If the terrorists were operating outside the law, using weapons obtained outside the law that weren't even legal to own in the country, then how does this fix it ?

You got point...its stupid
smile.gif

But I personally dont have problems with checkings (health and menthal) on 5years....

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The solution is to arm everybody.

And than you get Murrica (not America)....where people are killing each other on daily basis...

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
kamel, the new laws are you can get a "concelaed weapon" permit. Basically, it means you can carry a gun legally. Chicago gangsters are shooting up each other. The other is the Chicago police shooting suspects.

Ah, qwerty, back trolling again?

Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation.

No criminal gets a concealed weapon permit. Just like they don't buy guns legally. They get them illegally and then use them on people, often each other. Chicago's problem is gang violence and murder. Guns are the instrument but not the cause.

Concealed weapons permit holders are six times less likely to commit even a misdemeanor than the average citizen. Half as likely to commit a crime as police officers themselves. People that submit to training, fingerprinting, background checks and the payment of fees aren't the ones that are killing each other in Chicago.

Please don't confuse posting on the Internet with taking action for social justice. You're confused about causality and confused about the problem. You're striking out at the most law abiding group of people as well as the police.

But they're not the problem.

Criminals and violence are the problem.

The right to "freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom from self incrimination, right to privacy, right to not have to shelter troops against ones wishes, right to a trial, right to not being subject to cruel and unusual punishment, the right to not have a established government religion, AND the right to defend oneself" are unalienable rights endowed by the Creator to all mankind.

These right enumerated in the first ten amendments to the Constitution of the United States are rights that are either understood as "negative or positive" rights. They are either rights that the government CANNOT take away from the citizenry without just cause or positive rights that the people have.
Good, bad or indifferent... The criminals are not going to "play by or abide by" the laws on the books. Look at Mexico where its illegal for their people to own guns. Yet tens of thousands have died yearly down there for the past decade. Why?? The cartels are NOT obeying their strictest gun laws that they can have.

Should mentally unstable people not own firearms?? Yes I agree with that. How to implement this into a practical law that doesn't violate the right to privacy from the government is a huge sticking point. But I do believe it is something to be worked on and out. Now do I believe EVERYONE who desires in getting a firearm be subject to mental health testing?? No. The criminals certainly will not be subject to this nor will blood thirsty terrorists.

Firearms are often a symptom of a FAR larger problem. Just look at Cuidad Juarez for that obvious answer. It's the drug trade that's the major root cause in the firearm deaths in Mexico and the US. We already have MANY gun laws on the books here. I'm not against more necessarily however, I want any new laws to have A REAL purpose and have some efficacy in at least keeping criminals from legally buying guns.

Remember that crazy guy who killed over 70 and wounded over 100 teenaged people in Europe?? They had very strict gun laws there. So does France. So does Chicago Illinois too. Criminals bent on evil will not be kept at bay with feel good laws. Far more to this puzzle then just that.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Originally Posted By: Olas
The answer lies with the parents.

They raise their kids to talk through disputes instead of shooting, the shooting stops.

What are we to do? Mandate that all parents take a course on teaching their children firearm abuse prevention then wait 20 years to see if it works? I don't really understand the end-game here. I do, however, agree with the premise that parents who are active in their children's lives and teach them conflict resolution are being good parents.

There is no need to mandate anything. It's not about laws or controls but about being a good person.
Guns are not a problem, gun laws are not a problem, peoples irresponsibility is the problem.

Put it is way - if guns had never existed and I really wanted to kill you there are hundreds of ways I could do it. The factor is the persons desire to do harm, so if people focus on reciprocity, kindness and equality instead of being selfish, thoughtless or vengeful, these problems would never arise in the first place.

Address the cause, not the symptom.

And than you get Murrica (not America)....where people are killing each other on daily basis...

How smug.

Just keep posting on what's wrong with us, when you've never been here and you don't understand the issues beyond what you've been fed by the media. Your proud cultural history of supporting fascism and igniting ethnic cleansing and global war certainly gives you the perspective to lecture on rights and violence...

Hello my international friends. It's good to get your opinion. We have a problem with over aggressive police. In chicago they have a stop n frisk citizen policy.

I will say that....drugs in your major cities are the main problem...

The black market profits that exist because of drug laws, not the drugs themselves, if we want to be accurate.

When everybody is armed they're on an equal footing, just like when everybody is unarmed, only the stakes are higher.

If people would articulate themselves and compromise, as polite human beings should, it wouldn't matter if you were armed or not.

Originally Posted By: Olas
There is no need to mandate anything. It's not about laws or controls but about being a good person.
Guns are not a problem, gun laws are not a problem, peoples irresponsibility is the problem.

Put it is way - if guns had never existed and I really wanted to kill you there are hundreds of ways I could do it. The factor is the persons desire to do harm, so if people focus on reciprocity, kindness and equality instead of being selfish, thoughtless or vengeful, these problems would never arise in the first place.

Address the cause, not the symptom.

Having had a workmate killed this year, by a vengeful person, who created an IED and placed it in a public place that could have been accessed by absolutely anyone (sports bag against a garage door on a public lane, packed with explosives and pieces of cast iron)...and apparently over a tiff regarding barking greyhounds

clearly people are the problem.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
And after masacre in Paris...EU comission said that you will have to visit. doctor and psyhologist every 5 years....that seems ok to me...

As ok as that seems, is there any explaination as to how that particular law would have prevented that particular crime ?

If the terrorists were operating outside the law, using weapons obtained outside the law that weren't even legal to own in the country, then how does this fix it ?

You hit that particular nail right on the head!

Laws only apply to those that follow them.
Criminals don't follow them.
Making laws has no effecting crime.

Your example with mexico.....

It is evident that there is disintegration of the system....government (police....or even army) is not doing its job....or is not capable of holding up normal system.....AMEN
smile.gif

How is with that in America? What we can see on TV...your police is on its limits to provide proper law

I would say...thanks god that I am NOT american...

Many discussions and internet posts about issues discussing the effects of certain behaviors. The cause of sub par people birthing more generations of the same. It's too hard to talk about and deal with so it just repeats.

I would say...thanks god that I am NOT american...

We thank God that you're not, too....

You get your news from specious documentaries filled with falsification and distortion. You judge a people and a nation on the basis of sensationalism. You're judgemental, self righteous, and biased.

You think you know our country and the fact is, you don't.

But like many smug Europeans, with a long history of mass murder, ethnic persecution, violence and police brutality under fascist rule, you think you're in a position to judge our system, though you have no first hand knowledge.

How arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back