Steelers/Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Stop being nebby.

There's only one way you'd know that word...

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Is this like all the people who swear they'll never go back to Walmart?
lol.gif

The NFL was the last pro sports league I watched. Life does exist without the Bovine Scat of professional sports.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Is this like all the people who swear they'll never go back to Walmart?
lol.gif

And Target.

Pretty funny people see an NFL thread and rush in to say they don't care about NFL.

It was a good game. I hope neither one makes it to the SB.

For those that care!

Last edited:
Big Ben should just say he screwed up at the end, instead of putting it on the coach.
But that would take some character which he has none of.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Who cares. They’re all thugs.

Yep, you nailed it, 100% of the NFL, or well over 1,000 current players as well as the many, many thousands of retired players are all thugs and serving prison sentences.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
AZjeff said:
It looked like a TD to me, the ball was in his hand as it crossed the line.

If it had been a running play, it would've been a TD, but on a pass play the rule states that the player must have control of the ball all the way to and after hitting the ground. They got the call right.

I can't explain why I'm still watching NFL games, but I am. The anthem protests have been a huge turn-off, and I'm sick of seeing the same teams being good every year, and my team sucking every year. The last two teams I want to see in the SB are NE and PIT, but it looks like we're gonna get one of these two teams in there again. All I can hope for is that one of them loses the SB this time around...

Seats are half empty. TV is substantially down. Folks I know think the TD celebrations are ridiculous. Officiating seemingly kills nearly every big play and they take entirely too long to reach a decision.
Youth FB numbers are Way Way down.
Every living room in America would call that a catch and a TD, while the Byrd catch in the Carolina game would not have been a TD......except the NFL. They don"t get "it" They will be dead inside a decade.

"dead in a decade" is laughable. Not a chance. I'm not a Steelers fan but live in the geographical area, and the amount of outrage over a correct call that went against them and all the Steeler flags and other merchandise shows there is still plenty of passion about the team and the league. The way the Steelers teach leading with the helmet and promoting and exploiting their player that was injured by doing so as a hero is more offensive to me than the protests, but the NFL isn't anywhere close to failing within a decade.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I do agree some TD celebrations are very silly.

Like the players pretending to warm their hands on open fire....

I think the worst one I've seen yet was when Odell Beckam Jr. got down on all 4s and then lifted his leg like a dog peeing...

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Time will tell. If youth football and Hs football go by by,,, so goes the rest.

Youth and high school football seem stronger than ever around me. I'm not crazy about it, but it is the reality. Football and the NFL are still thriving as far as I can tell. What you see on TV is heavily edited, as is the interpretation of such, to placate all agendas. The very definition of PC. But it can play to the view of the league is collapsing, which is the PC view in my opinion, at least here and other online forums. If it does I won't be much upset, just think there is no chance it will happen, and wish people would focus on more important things than these distractions.

Pa. Is much different than I’ll then. Cause high schools around here are dropping FB. And youth programs are half what they used to be downstate and Chicago.....and concussions are real.
What I see on TV is not edited at all,,,,half empty is half empty. Even at three Rivers.. or i guess it’s Hienz now

Pa. Is much different than I’ll then. Cause high schools around here are dropping FB. And youth programs are half what they used to be downstate and Chicago.....and concussions are real.
What I see on TV is not edited at all,,,,half empty is half empty. Even at three Rivers.. or i guess it’s Hienz now

Were you watching during half time? Half empty is when everyone runs to the bathroom or waits in line for concessions. I think it was Romo that pointed out that's why Pats like getting the ball in the second half, the stadium is half empty so they don't make as much noise so it's easier to put together a good drive.

Revenue has been going up for a while, even if it dropped to half I don't think they'd disappear in 10 years.

I have seen multiple pictures of multiple stadiums and watched several as well with half empty seats in the middle of the first quarter or at kick off. No smoke n mirrors half empty is half empty

I can't watch football anymore. Bunch of overpaid clowns. Even my father who has been a diehard NFL fan since he was a kid only watches some of the games now.

Between the involvement of politics and the fact that they spend so much time analyzing and challenging every play, the game simply isn't as fun to watch. Add in the fact that games now take almost the entire day because everything is dragged out, and even less people can watch it. A lot of my friends who were huge football fans growing up now have busy lives with kids, jobs, etc, and don't have time to spend a whole day watching a game.

Baseball isn't any better. I used to watch the Red Sox quite a bit. Now all the pitchers are so dang slow baseball games take an entire night to watch also. Dragging out games by analyzing every single play means less action and excitement, and less reason to watch. I'd much rather play the sports now than watch them.

The only sport I find entertaining now is playoff hockey, and I was never really a hockey fan until a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Time will tell. If youth football and Hs football go by by,,, so goes the rest.

Youth and high school football seem stronger than ever around me. I'm not crazy about it, but it is the reality. Football and the NFL are still thriving as far as I can tell. What you see on TV is heavily edited, as is the interpretation of such, to placate all agendas. The very definition of PC. But it can play to the view of the league is collapsing, which is the PC view in my opinion, at least here and other online forums. If it does I won't be much upset, just think there is no chance it will happen, and wish people would focus on more important things than these distractions.

Not here. HS teams are forfeiting games because they cannot field enough players. Football WILL implode, and it will do so spectacularly and seemingly overnight. HS and college football may actually end overnight, when schools can no longer get insurance.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Were you watching during half time? Half empty is when everyone runs to the bathroom or waits in line for concessions. I think it was Romo that pointed out that's why Pats like getting the ball in the second half, the stadium is half empty so they don't make as much noise so it's easier to put together a good drive.

Revenue has been going up for a while, even if it dropped to half I don't think they'd disappear in 10 years.

Also note: many fans were in no hurry to return to their seats: the Pats-Steelers game was played in steady, cold rain.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Seems strange that revenues would be going up when the ratings are the lowest they've been in decades...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back