Steak Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, a good, well seasoned grilled/cooked steak doesn't need steak sauce. BUT, there are those rare occasions that I like to use steak sauce. And the only one I will buy is the original flavored A1 Steak Sauce. That sauce taste so good it can be eaten by itself! I also use it in my ground meat mix when I make hamburgers. I add a tablespoon to every 2 lbs. of ground meat. C'est Si Bon!

A1 in burgs is old school, I remember that was the only steak sauce that my Mom used when I was young. She used to put it in the burg mix along with diced onions, too.

She used to eat it with grilled cheese sandwiches. I was never a fan, they are delicious enough on their own.

Originally Posted by c502cid
If you want the ultimate in A1, get the sweet chili garlic A1. OMFG. Not available everywhere though.

I'm going to try it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
A1 in burgs is old school, I remember that was the only steak sauce that my Mom used when I was young. She used to put it in the burg mix along with diced onions, too.

She used to eat it with grilled cheese sandwiches. I was never a fan, they are delicious enough on their own.

WOW! It's a small world. I too make my burgers with diced onions in them.

Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce. I learned about it from my BIL and Joo-stin Wilson's Cajun Cooking.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
IMO, a good, well seasoned grilled/cooked steak doesn't need steak sauce. BUT, there are those rare occasions that I like to use steak sauce. And the only one I will buy is the original flavored A1 Steak Sauce. That sauce taste so good it can be eaten by itself! I also use it in my ground meat mix when I make hamburgers. I add a tablespoon to every 2 lbs. of ground meat. C'est Si Bon!

All a good steak needs is salt, lots of salt! If it's overcooked and you have to choke it down, A1 helps!

I believe it was an egg, diced onions, A1 and breadcrumbs. It wasn't any good really.

I believe it was an egg, diced onions, A1 and breadcrumbs. It wasn't any good really.

Cousin Eddie:
I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?

Clark:
You're the gourmet around here, Eddie.

Originally Posted by csandste

Cousin Eddie:
I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?

Clark:
You're the gourmet around here, Eddie.

Best movie ever.

I like to add green peppers in by burger as well as all the other previously mentioned products. I agree about A1 being old school but it you like it all is good.

I like A1 on meatloaf. I buy the black pepper A1. Just salt on my steak with a pat of butter on top.

Just the way Leona's does their ribeyes
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Bud
I like A1 on meatloaf. I buy the black pepper A1. Just salt on my steak with a pat of butter on top.

I like A1. But I like Heinz 57 more. The Walmart Great Value copycat of Heinz 57 is bad, so save your money!

I used to like the British HP but its not the same formula as it used to be.

I like WORCESTERSHIRE on chuck pot roast with some ketchup mixed in.

BTW the White Worcestershire is good on pork chop.

Also what happened to Heinz Ketchup? I know the restaurant pack was always better tasting than the consumer store bought
but it seems pretty lame these days.

I Like Red's Gold ketchup better anyhow. - its got that Cabernet raisin flavour edge.

Originally Posted by andyd
Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce. I learned about it from my BIL and Joo-stin Wilson's Cajun Cooking.
grin2.gif

Who doesn't like fermented anchovies , pickled onions/ garlic with "special seasonings" mixed in?

Originally Posted by ofelas
Just the way Leona's does their ribeyes
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Bud

Yeah, Butter!

Sometimes a bit of cracked black pepper corns too

On a rare Filet Mignon I have a weakness for Bearnaise.

Must be end of the Lenten period soon. Lots of meat cravings here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back