Stanley Cup Memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there and I thought I would ask all the members here, do you folks remember your NHL teams stanley cup victory/final/loss win? I do, as I also remember the 95' strike shortened season and the NEW JERSEY DEVILS whipping the heck out of the DETROIT RED WINGS 4-0(4 games to none!!). I remember the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS (my team!!) winning the 09' stanley cup and what a night it was! I vividly remember the CALGARY FLAMES winning the cup in 89'.

lets hear the memories folks!

Adam Vasbinder

I remember everyone wearing those "Now I can die in peace" t shirts after the Rangers
27.gif
finally won in '94.

Manhattan was party city that week!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Warlord
I remember waiting years for my Sabres to win. Still waiting.....

Be patient. A good friend of mine is a Sabres fan and is also waiting for a cup. Sounds like the new owner is very passionate about bringing the cup to Buffalo. I still remember the 93 season when the Habs won the cup. Great memories there.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
Originally Posted By: Warlord
I remember waiting years for my Sabres to win. Still waiting.....

Be patient. A good friend of mine is a Sabres fan and is also waiting for a cup. Sounds like the new owner is very passionate about bringing the cup to Buffalo. I still remember the 93 season when the Habs won the cup. Great memories there.

New Sabres owner Terry Pegula seems like a genuine fan of hockey, and the Sabres/Flyers, who gave around $90 million to Penn State hockey. He's also an oil-and-gas guy that made his fortune hydrofracking. He also said, unlike Tom Golisano who bought the team for a song and made over $100M selling them, that he's here to win a championship and not as an investment...

His letter to the fans is now on their website front page:

http://sabres.nhl.com/

Last edited:
Hey daves87rs, what happened to your Detroit Red Wings in 1995 though? I cant talk much smack, as my PITTSBURGH PENGUINS lost to your RED WINGS in 2008 on PENGUINS home ice. Glad PENGUINS beat the RED WINGS IN 2009 at THE JOE'

ADAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back