ssd prices on the up

im seeing a massive trend up in consumer ssd prices. 4tb last month was at $164, now you can only get a 2tb on the sata side.

M2 seems to be equally inching up.

I assume the oversupply is finally over, and now to artificially inflate pricing is the name of the game?

I feel lucky to have gotten a 2TB SK Hynix P41 M.2 SSD at Micro Center for 'only' $129 this past weekend. I think that's about as low as they will get for a while.
It's amazing how big drives have become. I can remember in 2004ish a kid in my Journalism class bought a 1gb usb stick for his laptop and it was $100.

I feel lucky to have gotten a 2TB SK Hynix P41 M.2 SSD at Micro Center for 'only' $129 this past weekend. I think that's about as low as they will get for a while.
yup. I do see some off brands drives that get somewhat low, but nothing for mx500s or evos.

Team drives are quite low, but I hear there warranty is a testament for how far do you want to go, before the customer gives up

Samsung, Micron, Hynix, they all love to make money. There is still an oversupply, however, post Hollidays - sales slowed down, so they might as well raise prices. Top tier SSDs have never been cheap anyway. Never mind the latest NVME 5 products.

im seeing a massive trend up in consumer ssd prices. 4tb last month was at $164, now you can only get a 2tb on the sata side.

M2 seems to be equally inching up.

I assume the oversupply is finally over, and now to artificially inflate pricing is the name of the game?
Prove it.LOL

Do you have any data to back up your statements 🤔 😒 😆
Sample of one, but a quick check on pcpartpicker - Canada, shows this.
A price increase as of Dec. 1ish

1706546517072.jpg

1706546462135.jpg

Samsung, Micron, Hynix, they all love to make money. There is still an oversupply, however, post Hollidays - sales slowed down, so they might as well raise prices. Top tier SSDs have never been cheap anyway. Never mind the latest NVME 5 products.

This. And sure they will keep going up during tax season….. :-O

I see that also.

I bought a M2-SSD in Sept for $25 1TB Solidigm from Newegg.
The same one now cost between $50-$65.

I bought a 500 GB Crucial M2-SSD for $40 in December at the height of X'mas shopping.
Now the 500GB is around $35-$50 depending if it is popular brand or off brand.

Not a proof but an experience.

Back