Squirrel In my engine compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
An old C02 fire extinguisher was way over due for testing and needed to be emptied. I used the carbon-DIE-oxide to suffocate caught vermin.

A man in a neighboring town got in trouble when the bullet he shot at a squirrel went through his neighbor's kitchen door and that of the dishwasher.

For all the squirrels I see I'm surprised there aren't stories rampant of infestations.

Squirrel in my engine compartment
Maybe he thinks you`re nuts,
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Have a heart trap next to you car with peanuts for bait. When you catch it you put the trap in a 32 gal garbage can filled with water for five minutes.

Just one squirrel for 32 gallons of water?
Makes for a rather thin stew.

Just wait until the OP starts his engine one morning and later smells fried squirrel innards coming from under his hood.

Ghastly thought.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Squirriels taste great, Im not kidding!

I found some great squirrel recipes from PETA
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Originally Posted By: BalticBob

Can't talk my wife into eating the squirrels.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: jonnied1
Originally Posted By: BalticBob

Can't talk my wife into eating the squirrels.
frown.gif

Great! More for you to enjoy!

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I don't care if you eat them, that's actually the right thing to do. Just kill them humanely.

Agreed.

I don't care if you eat them, that's actually the right thing to do. Just kill them humanely.

+1000

Drowning is a horrible death - you want to take out the critter humanely(and quick). Or trap the squirrel and let a cat have at it.

I found this at Tractor Supply. So far, no more squirrels! Don't get it on your clothes or breathe it while spraying though.
crazy2.gif

Bonide Repels All Animal Repellent

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nthach

Drowning is a horrible death - you want to take out the critter humanely(and quick). Or trap the squirrel and let a cat have at it.

So being attacked by a cat until it dies is more humane than drowning?

There are a number of squirrel and rodent traps on the market today. Do some youtube research OP and you can see which one would fit your situation best.

I alternately through the years get rabbit, squirrels and chipmunks around the house out here in the country. Surrounded by Oak and Hickory trees so great squirrel feed. The squirrels can strip my pear tree of fruit in a couple days. Chipmunks and the squirrels get under the hood.

Chipmunks and rabbits disappeared with the presence of a local hawk the last couple of years. Squirrels seem to wax and wane with the nut crops.

If any become much of a pest I don't hesitate to use some mouse candy bars stashed in strategic locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back