speakers or sound bar

It’s a toss-up, they’re lively but the lack of midrange/bass makes them tiring for extended periods of music listening. YouTube videos are alright but speech is on the thin side.

I've never touch bose, they're usually over hyped and only pushed by sales guys who don't know any better.

But to be honest from the pics your speaker location is far from ideal too, not that you necessarily have much choice. Looks like they're stuffed in a small box cubicle of sorts and right up against the two end walls, probably lots of reflection and distortion happening there just due to placement.

I'd prefer a good pair of sennheiser headphones for a workstation like that. Nothing pricey, something like this:

I've never touch bose, they're usually over hyped and only pushed by sales guys who don't know any better.
FYI, OP returned the Bose and got this instead:
While I am not a fan of Bose either, Bose would have probably been a notable improvement over what he bought.

Personally, for basic PC speakers in the "under $100" price range, I would have gone with Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 (when on sale).

FYI, OP returned the Bose and got this instead:
While I am not a fan of Bose either, Bose would have probably been a notable improvement over what he bought.

Personally, for basic PC speakers in the "under $100" price range, I would have gone with Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 (when on sale).

I can't stand horns for my tweeters either, extremely fatiguing to the ears, mine anyway.

That's why I recommend the adams because they are very accurate and have the AMT tweeters. Anything cheaper then that and I just grab a pair of headphones as the quality will be much better than desktop stuff.

I can't stand horns for my tweeters either, extremely fatiguing to the ears, mine anyway.
Agreed. I don't mind them for shorter periods, but for extended listening, they can be fatiguing.

That's why I recommend the adams because they are very accurate and have the AMT tweeters. Anything cheaper then that and I just grab a pair of headphones as the quality will be much better than desktop stuff.
Yeah, I would take Adam over Klipsch Pro Media any day, but that's a completely different price bracket.

Another good option under $100 would be Edifier 1280T, but you won't get as much bass as from Klipsch Pro Media. Lots of trade offs when working with such a small budget.

That's why I recommend the adams because they are very accurate and have the AMT tweeters. Anything cheaper than that and I just grab a pair of headphones as the quality will be much better than desktop stuff.
Horns do good in party speakers clubs or stadiums where there’s lots of noise to rip through.

Klipsch horns aren’t as shrill as say some cheap piezo horns.

My uncle used to say horns are only good for his "rock and roll generation who had their ears blown out" lol. Maybe some truth to it, but I just know I can't stand horns. Paradigms are pretty bad too, for cheaper speakers I much prefer something like the silk dome tweeter polk used to use.

Guess we're all built different, the space we put them in is different, and the music/volume we listen to is different as well. 🤷‍♂️

Back