Something I was told from a dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MrCritical
If you have an oil consumption problem with a Dodge Charger in powertrain warranty, you're going to need an oil consumption test at a Dodge Dealer.

Everything else is a waste of your time.

+1 That's kind of what I was getting at above. Dodge needs to look at this vehicle.

It is no longer under any kind of Dodge warranty, it is no longer their responsibility.

Have you checked the VIN with a Dodge dealer? Our '07 Town & Country had a lifetime powertrain warranty. Not all '07 models had it, though.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Have you checked the VIN with a Dodge dealer? Our '07 Town & Country had a lifetime powertrain warranty. Not all '07 models had it, though.

That only covered first owner.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

It was transferrable in some states. North Carolina is one of those. I know Florida was another. Not sure about Illinios.

It was transferrable in some states. North Carolina is one of those. I know Florida was another. Not sure about Illinios.

Got a link? My search brings up nothing on this. I see were they stopped the lifetime and went back to a standard warranty that is transferable?

Got a link? My search brings up nothing on this. I see were they stopped the lifetime and went back to a standard warranty that is transferable?

This page has something on it:

http://www.chrysler.com/en/service_contracts/faqs/?section=plan_sales_faqs

Quote:
Lifetime coverage is not transferable unless required by state law.

You have to look in the fine print on any given extended service contract (and that's technically what the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is; it's a service contract in Chrysler's system). Some states apparently preclude a warranty from being non-transferrable. I do know that North Carolina is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back