Something better for less money?

Originally Posted by Moonboy188
Didn't know any of that Chris. Thanks tor the info! Great garden you have. I might have to try that too! Off topic, but we did have a friendly visitor last week.

We also have a resident king snake and his gopher snake buddies. My apple trees got raided last night.all the apples are gone!

Haven't seen a gopher snake yet, but I'm Always on the lookout for Mojave Green's. I've got some little dogs that aren't that smart, don't want them to get bit. Who raided your apple's, Tweakers? Lol

Haven't seen a gopher snake yet, but I'm Always on the lookout for Mojave Green's. I've got some little dogs that aren't that smart, don't want them to get bit. Who raided your apple's, Tweakers? Lol

I am thinking squirrels got them. I have only seen 1 rattler on my property in my lifetime. That does not mean others did not see me. The closer you are to the ord mountains the more rattlers you will have. I am a little lower.

Yes, I worked at a Suzuki Motorcycle Dealership for over 20 years. I'm a big fan of Japanese engineering, and manufacturing. Even though I did not work for corporate Suzuki, I tried my best to support them in every way, I've had at least 5 Cars/SUV's, and even their outboard motors, some better than others. I think the automotive market in the U.S. is tough to compete in, especially when they refused to bring any of their really cool stuff here, The Swift, The Stingray, etc,etc. I got great deals on all of them through the people I know at Corporate, Parts too. I had to drive to Arizona to buy my wife's car because there were none left in California in 2012( Last year they sold cars in the U.S.) They were only selling around 5,000 cars a year.... not good. I was sad to see them go, but it was the right business move for them. Now it's just the mc's, and the marine division. I have been told that they are the third largest automotive retailer in japan. Sorry to be so long winded🤪

Big fanboy of Suzuki motorcycles.
Owned a '80 GS750ET that was my all-time favorite bike.

Does Suzuki have any presence in the equipment motor world like Kawasaki and Honda? I remember seeing Suzuki vehicles driving around back in the day, still see a few. I know they were inexpensive and had to battle with the likes of Kia and Mitsubishi for that entry level market.

If it was me, I'd keep using Motul in the ATV, but I'd use more mainline synthetics in the other vehicles. There are lots of frequent deals on top shelf oils, even though they're not boutique. For instance, last November you could buy Rotella Gas Truck synthetic for about 50 cents a quart or less after mail in rebate.

Didn't know any of that Chris. Thanks tor the info! Great garden you have. I might have to try that too! Off topic, but we did have a friendly visitor last week.

Love King Snakes! Bred them a few times and they're always pleasant to work with. Lovely spot where you guys live. From your enthusiasm, I know you don't take it for granted. ðŸ»

I haven't seen any here yet, but I've probably seen 4,or 5 during a 25 year time span. Pretty rare I guess. Man, those squirrels must like your apples to eat all of em that fast!

We value, and enjoy all of the wildlife here. I stayed with that King snake for a while to make sure he got across our road. It was getting dark, and even though you'd have to be blind to not see him, I would be bummed if a vehicle came down the road, and somehow didn't see Him/Her. We've had a few Road Runners, and a rather large Quayle family around the house too. Even the jack rabbits are fun to watch!

I don't think they do here in the states. In other country's they make stuff that not even I was aware of though. They did offer generators up until the late 80's- Early 90's, but gave up on those... Kawasaki did too. Now it's only Honda, and Yamaha...both make great products as well. Suzuki was originally a manufacturer of fabric loom machines(Very complicated). They will also make it clear that they are a motor company, not a car or, motorcycle manufacturer. There's an awful lot of vehicles out there from snowmobiles to cars that are Suzuki powered.... most people don't even realize it!

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. A 5 liter of Motul is running me about $45.00, and the pickup takes an extra liter. Appreciate your advice. You guys are giving me great insights.

Last edited:
Back