Some people are thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 4WD
I started reading articles about shop lifting … mother and daughter arrested for stuffing crab legs in purse.
Hit the store manager (in face) who intercepted the theft.

Can't make this up …

All they can do really is call the cops or mall security. Store staff aren't allowed to touch customers. Now, some stores have loss prevention teams. I've seen someone dart out of Nordstrom with a expensive handbag only to be tackled outside of the store and be dragged back in to the LP office.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

Anyway, I find it creepy when a cashier talks about or inspects my groceries or items. Theres a guy at HEB here who insists on touching each and every egg in a carton you buy just to me sure, checks the seals on every bottle or jar you buy, and its plain annoying.
spankme2.gif

I actually don't mind that - it's SOP it seems like at the places I buy groceries at(Whole Foods and Trader Joe's) to inspect eggs, cans and jars for breakage.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by 4WD
I started reading articles about shop lifting … mother and daughter arrested for stuffing crab legs in purse.
Hit the store manager (in face) who intercepted the theft.

Can't make this up …

All they can do really is call the cops or mall security. Store staff aren't allowed to touch customers. Now, some stores have loss prevention teams. I've seen someone dart out of Nordstrom with a expensive handbag only to be tackled outside of the store and be dragged back in to the LP office.

Not sure about your state but in Nebraska they don't consider an item stolen until you leave the store. You can walk around the store all day long with the crab legs in your purse but until you walk out the door it's not considered theft. Most security guards or people hired to walk around the store acting as customers keeping an eye out know this and wait for you to leave.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Not sure about your state but in Nebraska they don't consider an item stolen until you leave the store. You can walk around the store all day long with the crab legs in your purse but until you walk out the door it's not considered theft. Most security guards or people hired to walk around the store acting as customers keeping an eye out know this and wait for you to leave.

Kansas is the exact same way.

If we adopted the way of dealing with this from the Middle East, there'd be a whole lot of people who could only wave with one hand... and a lot less theft.

I think if we brought back public punishment for despicable crimes, say every Wednesday at lunch time on the town square... after a couple weeks every crime statistic would begin dropping towards zero like a WRX owner's checkbook!!

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
... would begin dropping towards zero like a WRX owner's checkbook!!

lol.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
If we adopted the way of dealing with this from the Middle East, there'd be a whole lot of people who could only wave with one hand... and a lot less theft.

I think if we brought back public punishment for despicable crimes, say every Wednesday at lunch time on the town square... after a couple weeks every crime statistic would begin dropping towards zero like a WRX owner's checkbook!!

We'd also have a lot less of a meth problem, my wife works at the county seat and deals with this stuff all the time, she says a high percentage of these folks are meth users, sad, just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back