Socket Organizers

What are you using for socket organizers?

I currently use a mix of the Tekton and VIM Magrail organizers, but am also looking into these:

Picked up 2 pairs of these 1/4" and 3/8" drive standard and metric and love how easy they are to read the sizes.

Main_c83e2882-9dd3-4368-9d59-ff2889d4f441.jpg

1_4_yellow_main_a64d9512-7f53-4642-b1e5-ddb1b321b7a1.png

BLK3_8_green_1_19f5a982-651d-40ab-b450-56ee61ec13a0.jpg

main1-min_d9759f98-6108-4875-aa62-e55ebe5d8e75.jpg

I use these two types. They work but not thrilled with either. The red one is better. It's easier to use and the sockets don't fall out unless jostled.

Attachments

• Socket 2.jpg
    Socket 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 8
  • socket 1.jpg
    socket 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
Ive been meaning to get around to setting up a tool grid for my sockets for several years. I have one for my metric wrenches that is awesome. Currently its a mix of socket rails, plastic trays, and magnetic trays

Ive been meaning to get around to setting up a tool grid for my sockets for several years. I have one for my metric wrenches that is awesome. Currently its a mix of socket rails, plastic trays, and magnetic trays
Got any pictures? The photos on their website makes the system look like a huge space hog.

For the 1/4 and 3/8 drive I just cut the plastic trays out of the case they came in, and put them in the drawers of my portable tool box. 1/2" and 3/4" all just stay in their cases.

I use a socket drawer. I keep duplicate sockets in a sock but that's another story.

I use a hospital sock because it's slip-resistant.

Last edited:
Olsa aluminum rails. Found them to have the best mix of flexibility and density. You aren't locked in to any preset sizes, can put 2 or 3 sets on one rail (ie, torx, allen and etorx on 1 rail). You can also take the end cap off, cut them to a desired length and put the end cap back on if you want to shorten them. What makes them better than all the other metal socket rails is they actually stand up on their own.

I liked the tekton/ernst socket boss rails, but being locked in to the footprint of the tray is what ruined it for me.

In the past I have used Hansen organizers, and loved them, but I have too many sockets now for them to work in my toolbox.

Not my pic but my drawer looks about the same.

3YavEwB

Olsa aluminum rails. Found them to have the best mix of flexibility and density. You aren't locked in to any preset sizes, can put 2 or 3 sets on one rail (ie, torx, allen and etorx on 1 rail). You can also take the end cap off, cut them to a desired length and put the end cap back on if you want to shorten them. What makes them better than all the other metal socket rails is they actually stand up on their own.

I liked the tekton/ernst socket boss rails, but being locked in to the footprint of the tray is what ruined it for me.

In the past I have used Hansen organizers, and loved them, but I have too many sockets now for them to work in my toolbox.

Not my pic but my drawer looks about the same.

3YavEwB

Same here, for me this is the option I like the best. I have some plastic "buckets" that my duplicate sockets go in, a couple blocks that work well, but my favorite is the Olsa aluminum rail.

I use the plastic peg type trays. I like them because it doesn’t take any effort to pull the socket off. I prefer the ones where the sockets sit right side up but I have the ones where they sit upside down too.

Back