Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cchase
Originally Posted By: Bryan K. Walton
They don't make a hybrid performance car as of yet

Honda CR-Z

-Bryan

Sorry but 140 hp a performance car does not make.

I believe Infinity makes a M35h hybrid with about 360 hp that gets pretty good mpg, as in 29 mpg combined.

Bring your checkbook!

Cheers!

p.s. OR, the 2013 Lexus GS Hybrid (faster 0-60 mph than the "regular" one)...

Bring your checkbook$!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: lovcom
Oh, and one more thing....your calculations don't reflect the constant increase in gas prices into the future...lets say gas goes up an average of 50 cents a year, and then your 4 years break even turns into much more...

I sincerely hope your job does not require any mathematical abilities!

If the gas price goes up, the break even point comes EARLIER. I sure hope you are man enough to say "oops".

- Vikas

I already called him out on that, but trolls rarely respond when they are called out.

There are unmentionable political problems with the American auto industry. I won't bring them up and I'm putting them aside for the Chevy Volt discussion.

I like the car, the way it drives, the feel, the technology and the promise of the plug in hybrid. I can't stomach the price.

Quite simply, as I've mentioned before, it's a $50,000 car out the door. (tax credits come later, remember)

I cannot, for any reason, finance a $50,000 economy car.

Base model $42,000
Leather seats $46,000 Plus tax on the full amount, tag, dealer fee, etc. That's 50K any way you slice it!!

Only 48 easy payments at a GMAC rate of 0%: $1041 per month! NO THANK YOU.

I already called him out on that, but trolls rarely respond when they are called out.

Or if he does it's with tales of his wealth and massive property holdings!

One thing is for sure, the one bragging about 'it' the most rarely has much.

My thoughts:

#1 To each, their own.

#2 Sometimes I think if the the volt had a Toyota badge on it, it may have sold better. Chevy is perceived to be lower quality. (Right or wrong, that is the public perception)

#3 Volt is too costly (currently). Plain and simple -Having said that, when its priced less than a Prius, it may be a good buy.
(Due to the PERCEIVED value in Toyota vs Chevy)

#4 I don't see Gasoline going away entirely, at least not in our lifetime.

#5 This is an oil forum, what did you expect from the BITOG peanut gallery?!

just my thoughts, I could be wrong

Last edited:
The Volt is definitely too costly. That's the bottom line. It simply costs too much right now. If the Volt is priced less than a Prius, it's a better buy every day of the week.

All that said, Congress was called upon yesterday to increase the subsidy (tax credit) of advanced technology vehicles from $7,500 to $10,000 apiece, and to make the credit apply at the point of sale, so one doesn't have to wait until tax time to get it.

It is funny timing. Volts not selling? Let's just increase the subsidy then.

And if you are one of the 50+% that pays NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX you won't have to deal with all that tax credit hassle...

Well, it is not like it is REAL money they are flushing down the toilet: it's just the TAXPAYER$ money!

I keep seeing more chevy volt commercials on tv now that they have shut down. what a waste of ad money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back