DOJ and EPA Targeting eBay for Selling Defeat Devices

Another thing I should mention are the roadside emissions tests, which if your vehicle fails, you get a letter telling you that you have 30 days to go to an emissions testing station where they'll not only do an OBD-II scan, they'll put it on the dyno too. On top of that I think (not sure) that they randomly do dyno testing of vehicles. The guy at the emissions inspection station said that the computer sometimes tells him to do a dyno test too. I had wondered why they still have the dynos and asked....

(I do know that they (Dept of Environmental Quality) have a list of vehicles more likely to have a high "vehicle emissions index" and the vehicles with the highest VEI tend to be the ones you'd think would be the most likely to get a cat delete, like Mustangs and Civics).

Maryland got rid of their Dyno's a few years ago. I know this for sure since I had a 1995 car at the time so no more emissions test on that vehicle.

Maybe if the **** doctors didn't take the pain meds off of us that really need them, and weren't abusing them, there would be less of an issue too. Not that I condone illegal drugs.
Baby with the bath water... With the opioid crisis (which admittedly was caused by doctors too lazy to do some research before prescribing) under major scrutiny, the pendulum has swung to the other side and now they do not prescribe the medications needed by the patients with the fear that their license will be taken away, or they will be sued.

It's a mess caused by greed, stupidity and laziness.

Back