Sister's new car has been scratched

Yeah, Shel's sis in NYC is going to do this.. :ROFLMAO:

Good procedure outline for sure. (y)
You might be surprised by what my sister is capable of.

She's done plumbing work in her home, roof repair, and built a fence around her yard.

On her old Corolla, she took one of the doors apart to repair either the window mechanism or the door latching mechanism, she recovered the passenger seat when it got torn, and she's replaced the outside rearview mirror. I believe she's done more.

I'm sure that if she sets her mind to it, she can repair this scratch.

I like Chris Fixx on YouTube for his scratch repair video on a vandalized car. All done with cheap items. Artist fine tip paint brushes from a craft store(Hobby Lobby has some for $6) Duplicolor touch up paint and clear coat will make it look much better.
I watched that video and forwarded the link to my sister. Thanks for the heads up.

You might be surprised by what my sister is capable of.
No disrespect to your sister intended. She and my wife have the same skill-set.

I put 2 different self inflicted blemishes on my brand new truck shortly after I got it and paid a pro to fix them because it was a brand new truck and close isn't good enough. Hope she fixes it or gets it fixed to her satisfaction.

My sister fixed her scratched door. She found an off-the-shelf product that worked. Right now she's planning another application, but here's the door as it is now:

1693745776261.jpeg

She asked me to thank everyone who offered suggestions.

Here's the "before" picture again. Do you know what product she used because that looks much better? Great results.
thumbnail_image1adj.jpg

Shel_B:

Kudos to your sister on that repair!

Perfect? Nope, but far better than when she started on that nasty scratch.

And you should encourage her to sign up for an account at BITOG! Seriously!

Based on your comments in post #21, she's obviously more qualified to render sage advice in a number of areas when it comes to DIY work than some of the "advice" I've seen on BITOG over the past twenty years.

Back