SiriusXM best deal in a long time- $6/mo for 24 months!

Easiest way to cancel is to either use a credit/debit card with an expiration right around the time you want SXM to stop being billed… or, if you have Citi CCs you can set up a virtual card that goes dead when the promo period ends.

This way, you do get about a weeks worth of “hey your CC expired” voicemails, but then the next promo emails and letters start coming in about a month. If they offered the $6 deal for life I’d happily sign up; as it is, I have no problems playing their game to always keep the cheapest deal. The whole trick is to ignore them completely until this $6/2yr deal shows up 🤣
This doesn't work anymore because credit card issuers will now update recurring charges to your new/updated credit card automatically.
The last time that I had a battle with a company that had me on a subscription I opened up a chat (so I had everything in writing) and told them to cancel my subscription immediately and that I would dispute any further charge the next time it came through (and I would have). Fortunately it wasn't an AI chat-bot. They finally canceled my subscription.

I regret not doing 5 years; I did 3 back in Jan 2023. It was $2.75/mo plus taxes. And what has been a real benefit is being able to stream. This means cutting the lawn, and my 9 yos ability to learn a ton of tunes that I like.

This is wife’s car. My car seems to have been somehow put on a lifetime where it works and I don’t pay anything.

IMG_7328.jpeg

It’s a great deal until you want to cancel the service, meaning stopping the automatic monthly charges on your credit card at the normal rate. After three failed tries at just dropping the service I resorted to calling up Sirius, pretending to be my brother closing out the estate because he(me) had just recently died of Covid and the car was being sold off. That’s what finally worked. I’m dead to them…

But hey, it should be fun for two years but then I wouldn’t want to be caught dead in your shoes.

When my wife retires and we begin traveling the country completing my bucket list of visiting all the civil war historical battle sites I may have to do the Jesus thing and resurrect myself to them because Sirius is really handy for long trips
Respectfully disagree. I used to renew 6 mos at a time and sure I didn’t look forward to calling. It seemed like it went to Philippines or MN. Both were equally helpful. I’d have to explain I am getting $4/mo after taxes and that’s what I want. They’d have to post a credit since this was a Billy Shatner name your price arrangement.

August 2020, I canceled 2 cars, we were not driving. It was 0 hassle or trouble or problem. So I think it’s fair to respond to your comments.

And maybe there’s a distinction—ours was always paid 6 mos in advance. You mention “automatic monthly charges.” So not saying you don’t know what you’re saying, maybe our hassle free case is a different scenario

They just sent me a letter offering $4/mo. No thanks. Don’t want it. Don’t need it. If they offered it for $2 I might do it.

They just sent me a letter offering $4/mo. No thanks. Don’t want it. Don’t need it. If they offered it for $2 I might do it.
Dunno about $2 but $2.75 was offered last week of Dec 2022.

$4 before taxes and fees is north of $5.50 so I agree that’s a Hall and Oates.

$4 after taxes I agreed to before the pandemic and canceled 8/20

Aside from 80s on 8, 90s on 9 , Octane on 37 🔥, and 125 and BPM I don't pay it no mind. All she listens to is HLN and those horrible crime stories and then looks at me while fumbling (like Mahomes did vs Broncos 😂) through that purse with clippers,tweezers,mace,etc botched in there. Sitting in the back is probably safer. I pretend to be a Uber passenger 😆

What occurs to me with this thread, is the pure genius behind the marketing of XM. Sorta like amazon--prices on items change by the hour now, not day, not week. Those DeWalt 20V batteries, $239, suddenly drop to $108, then $149 "-42%" as I type, and 3k+bought last month.

XM seems to do the same thing--they pick up subs at $6, at $4, at $2.75, and $0, it really doesn't matter to them :ROFLMAO:

Just like an airline flight, every single person on the flight paid something different, when compared to co-passengers

Just got offered $3 a month plus taxes and fees.

The dealer did some maintenance on my truck and, in the process, signed me up for a 3 month trial of SirusXM. I rarely drive the truck, so I never activated the plan. It expired and I just got the following offer by email:

$3/month plus fees and taxes
Music and Entertainment Plan - 400 channels including 155+ in the vehicle (others on the app)
Valid for 3 years, cancel anytime (yeah, I know). The email specifically says I can cancel online FWIW.

The dealer did some maintenance on my truck and, in the process, signed me up for a 3 month trial of SirusXM. I rarely drive the truck, so I never activated the plan. It expired and I just got the following offer by email:

Music and Entertainment Plan - 400 channels including 155+ in the vehicle (others on the app)
Valid for 3 years, cancel anytime (yeah, I know). The email specifically says I can cancel online FWIW.
I found another way for some cheap freebies. If you’re a Best Buy “Plus” member, you can get a six month trial of the Platinum (everything) subscription for free. Sign up via info in the Best Buy app in the “Member Deals” section. 👍🏻

yeah as mentioned we got 3 years for $99, $127 with taxes and fees (imagine using a buddy's DE address but nah I don't do that). The good thing is the streaming, as a result my 9 y.o. learned nearly all the Dead tunes and can call some with only 1-3 chords even in the middle of the tune. I wish I had done 5 years at that rate. other car for unknown reasons is free, been that way 3 1/2 years.

Don't be afraid if interested I have no idea where these stories came from that you can't cancel and you'll be charged automatically forever. Not my experience at all, and I've had it on and off since 2011

yeah as mentioned we got 3 years for $99, $127 with taxes and fees (imagine using a buddy's DE address but nah I don't do that). The good thing is the streaming, as a result my 9 y.o. learned nearly all the Dead tunes and can call some with only 1-3 chords even in the middle of the tune. I wish I had done 5 years at that rate. other car for unknown reasons is free, been that way 3 1/2 years.

Don't be afraid if interested I have no idea where these stories came from that you can't cancel and you'll be charged automatically forever. Not my experience at all, and I've had it on and off since 2011
Guys that live East of the Mississippi that can listen to commercial radio just about anywhere can come up with the stories......

I got 3 yrs for $99. Supposedly with no auto renewal. We'll see. I like spotify so much that I rarely listen to XM. Same songs at the same time on the same days.
Yeah some of the channels just have playlists they circle through, but the 3 channels I listen to mainly have live people in between songs. The talk channel I listen to is live from 6-midnight and plays shortened versions of 3 of the day guys between 12-6am.

Back