SiriusXM best deal in a long time- $6/mo for 24 months!

SiriusXM Music & Entertainment Plan- 400+ channels, in the car or on the app. Lock in $5.99 plus 0.75 taxes for 24 months. Expires 10/7 according to an email I got.

Www.SiriusXM.com/falloffer10

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 51
It’s a great deal until you want to cancel the service, meaning stopping the automatic monthly charges on your credit card at the normal rate. After three failed tries at just dropping the service I resorted to calling up Sirius, pretending to be my brother closing out the estate because he(me) had just recently died of Covid and the car was being sold off. That’s what finally worked. I’m dead to them…

But hey, it should be fun for two years but then I wouldn’t want to be caught dead in your shoes.

When my wife retires and we begin traveling the country completing my bucket list of visiting all the civil war historical battle sites I may have to do the Jesus thing and resurrect myself to them because Sirius is really handy for long trips

It’s a great deal until you want to cancel the service, meaning stopping the automatic monthly charges on your credit card at the normal rate. After three failed tries at just dropping the service I resorted to calling up Sirius, pretending to be my brother closing out the estate because he(me) had just recently died of Covid and the car was being sold off. That’s what finally worked. I’m dead to them…

But hey, it should be fun for two years but then I wouldn’t want to be caught dead in your shoes.

When my wife retires and we begin traveling the country completing my bucket list of visiting all the civil war historical battle sites I may have to do the Jesus thing and resurrect myself to them because Sirius is really handy for long trips
Easiest way to cancel is to either use a credit/debit card with an expiration right around the time you want SXM to stop being billed… or, if you have Citi CCs you can set up a virtual card that goes dead when the promo period ends.

This way, you do get about a weeks worth of “hey your CC expired” voicemails, but then the next promo emails and letters start coming in about a month. If they offered the $6 deal for life I’d happily sign up; as it is, I have no problems playing their game to always keep the cheapest deal. The whole trick is to ignore them completely until this $6/2yr deal shows up 🤣

I would think PayPal would be easiest to cancel a variety of subscriptions. That's what I do with my Detroit Newspaper, Muzzleloading Forum, MLB.com TV,.....etc.....etc.

What I need to know regarding this thread is.....
Is SiriusXM available as a Roku app?... or inside the Microsoft Store? Would the discount offer apply there?

I would think PayPal would be easiest to cancel a variety of subscriptions. That's what I do with my Detroit Newspaper, Muzzleloading Forum, MLB.com TV,.....etc.....etc.

What I need to know regarding this thread is.....
Is SiriusXM available as a Roku app?... or inside the Microsoft Store? Would the discount offer apply there?
The way I see it is it’s a subscription tied to a radio in a specific car and you can use the same login info from the account to login to my app on my phone and iPad. So I guess you could use it on a Roku.

Many, many services use the automatic renewal thing. Cable companies, newspaper and magazine subscriptions, lawn services. SAT radio gets alot of flack for it- but many companies do the same thing.

The way I see it is it’s a subscription tied to a radio in a specific car and you can use the same login info from the account to login to my app on my phone and iPad. So I guess you could use it on a Roku.
Use your phone and a good Bluetooth speaker. Problem solved.

I bought the lifetime subscription about 10 years ago. I think I paid $375 and am still using the same radio. You get to transfer it to a new radio if the old one breaks.
Under a (2019?) class action settlement, your lifetime subscription lasts for your lifetime, not the radio's lifetime. If you
get rid of the old car/old radio and buy a new car/new radio, you can transfer and activate the lifetime subscription on the new car/radio for $25 and keep on going. You can find more details by searching appropriately.

Regards,
John

Under a (2019?) class action settlement, your lifetime subscription lasts for your lifetime, not the radio's lifetime. If you
get rid of the old car/old radio and buy a new car/new radio, you can transfer and activate the lifetime subscription on the new car/radio for $25 and keep on going. You can find more details by searching appropriately.

Regards,
John
Yeah. At the time I bought it they said $75 to transfer and only three times. I guess they abused that to make people pay more and got their hand slapped.

I suppose I should upgrade my old radio soon.

Back