Should I sell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everyone. I have a 2004 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext. Cab with 63,500 miles. The truck is nothing fancy (cloth seats, single CD player), but I have about $800 invested in intake, exhaust, and appearance upgrades (did all the work myself). Where I work (a car dealership) we just got a 2005 Cadillac Deville with 48,000 mi. The car's in great shape and is black with black leather/black interior, very sharp car. Autocheck says it was a leased vehicle. So here's the question: Should I trade the Sierra for the Caddy? It would cost me around $3,000, but no more than $5,000. Thoughts? Opinions?

If you have money to burn why not. Seems the wise thing to do would be to invest the 3 to 5,000 dollars into something that will make your fincial worth increase. My dad told me this same thing and I listened and all is good. Trucks are always better in my opinion They seem to hold their value over the years .

when considering this question the only question I ask myself is..
"What is this (investment) worth to me"?

I askmyself this anytime I'm seriously considering a purchase, from food, to clothes to cars...and it works everytime.

Works so well I have never been in debt, or needed to borrow money!

since you work at a dealership I assume they let you trade at cost. If you can get away with it I say why not. Life is too short to drive the same thing for 20 years.

If you don't need a truck, I'd trade it as gas prices will continue to rise. The Cadillac will still get much better mileage than your truck.

I would keep the truck. $3000 is a lot of gas, and trucks retain their resale value better and typically last longer. If you really want the Caddy and can afford it, go for it, if not keeping the truck makes more sense IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back