Should I invest in a DA Polisher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 46Harry
I bought a Porter Cable 7424XP polisher probably 10 years ago and haven't polished any of my vehicles by hand since. I can wax my 2010 Silverado extended cab in about 90 minutes with the polisher which would take most of the day if I did the job by hand.

From all the research I've done...your unit appears to be the best unit at a reasonable price point.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
I bought a Porter Cable 7424XP polisher probably 10 years ago and haven't polished any of my vehicles by hand since. I can wax my 2010 Silverado extended cab in about 90 minutes with the polisher which would take most of the day if I did the job by hand.

From all the research I've done...your unit appears to be the best unit at a reasonable price point.

OK...my new Porter Cable 7424XP polisher just got delivered this weekend...and awaiting some new Chemical Guys 5.5" pads and a great TORQ R5 Dual-Action Red Backing Plate (5 Inch)to use with it (since the backplate that comes with the polisher is reported to be somewhat marginal).

OK...my new Porter Cable 7424XP polisher just got delivered this weekend...and awaiting some new Chemical Guys 5.5" pads and a great TORQ R5 Dual-Action Red Backing Plate (5 Inch)to use with it (since the backplate that comes with the polisher is reported to be somewhat marginal).

Boy did the Porter Cable 7424XP DA Polisher save some time!

Did 2 vehicles with the 5 step process:

Wash
Clay-bar
Polish
Glaze
Polymer Sealant

The PC DA Polisher unit cut the time in half for the last 3 steps, and assured great surface coverage for the Meguiars Ultimate Polish, Glaze 7, and Ultimate Liquid Sealant. No surface swirls, scuffs, or other marks - smooth as polished glass.

Dew6zBEVMAA6DeQ.jpg

Dew7IeyVQAAmzO9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back