Severely discharged battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks is quite impressive...

Nothing wrong with that. .

Yeah it has to be a massive parasitic load on it somewhere...

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I asked about software updates, but they claim everything is already up to date.

Given my experience, I find that highly unlikely. There probably just wasn't an update that had anything to do with the issue. I've already done six updates on the RAM.

RAM is a newer model. Is it possible they're still tweaking its software? Charger is a dinosaur. Either they've figured out its software by now, or they stopped trying.

I just remember with mine there were always updates. Still getting updates for the Jeep too, FWIW. Not very many at this juncture, but still the odd one.

Well, other than the dead battery, the dealership found nothing wrong.

I suppose, going forward, I will to have to keep a closer eye on the battery myself, and possibly top it off more often than just once a month during winter. I was hoping I could put the car in "ship mode" for winter storage, but apparently this cannot be activated after the first 110 miles or so.

I suppose, going forward, I will to have to keep a closer eye on the battery myself, and possibly top it off more often than just once a month during winter. I was hoping I could put the car in "ship mode" for winter storage, but apparently this cannot be activated after the first 110 miles or so.

I just left my Prologix on it as a maintainer during the winter months when I wasn't driving it. Did the same for the bimmer, as its battery caught the dead the first winter I let it sit.

Just a idea in addition to that... Installation of a AGM battery ??

They only lose 1-3% static charge per month uncharged vs a regular flooded battery that loses 7-14% static charge per month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back