Service Champ OF4477 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Service Champ OF4477 Cut Open

2008 Corolla 154,000 miles

5800 mile OCI

Valvoline Max Life 5W-30W

Glued media, Metal end caps, Nitrile ADBV, Leaf spring w/ built in bypass valve.

No tears in media.

Seems like it is in OK condition for the OCI.

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Louvers! I see louvers!
18.gif

Looks great for a budget filter. I would guess Champ/ Fram made, but that bypass is a little different. The base plate looks a bit like a WIX too.

Last edited:
For a jobber tier filter, not bad. Respectable result for a substantial oci. And this Champ still uses classic Champ metal endcap construction and blue button poppet type bypass. So using this anecdote it would seem that for now Service Champ has kept Champ construction like the old ST line, and not gone to fiber endcap like a recent ACDelco posted.

And though barely visible like other Champ made oil filters, this one also uses a louvered centertube design. Based on that, surprised you didn't report your engine had grenaded.
shocked.gif
j/k

Thanks for the pics.

Grenaded? We make 20 million of these filters a year, if the grenaded engines, we would be out of business.

^^^Clearly you don't know what j/k stands for. And also safe to say you have no context for the(louver) comment made, which was alluded to by another member prior in the thread. Also you must have missed what I said initially in my post. But thanks for the unnecessary promotional material.

Considering all that imo, you seem a tad too defensive.

Have a good day.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Grenaded? We make 20 million of these filters a year, if the grenaded engines, we would be out of business.

It was a joke, you haven't followed the louvers vs. holes debates here.
Why don't they have a gasket on the bypass valve, they Ultra does. Cost?

Thanks for the cut and post. Why not just admit the filter did a great job? I would rather use one like this that does not tear than one that does tear. Louvers are here to stay and can be less restrictive than holes. Louvers vs holes is not an issue for me.

I have an eCore with 3000 miles on it now. No sign of startup rattle or other issues. I plan to change the oil and filter at 5000 miles and do a post for the eCore believers and non-believers.

I am glad MotorKing is interacting with BITOG members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back