Seeking advice for 2013 fx37 oil

Hey guys I’m new here and I’m not sure if this is the place I should be asking this question but I searched the forum and couldn’t find any answers. So I just picked up a 2013 fx37 and I know the recommended oil is 5w 30. I live in Arizona where in the summer it gets 100- 120f. I would like to switch to 5w 40 I’ve already done the research and know that others have tried and liked it. My question is when I try to find the 5w 40 oil from any brand it either pulls up a euro blend/formula or it says for diesel motors? So I’m not sure if I’m able to run either in my vq37vhr. Any help would be greatly appreciated I know the whole oil discussions get old but I would really like to know if I’m supposed to get the euro blend or if that is not safe like a regular 5w 30 fully synthetic would be.

You can use 0W-40 or 5W-40 in that, no issues. I think 5W-40 is pretty common with diesels so that's why you're finding that a lot. Euro blends are fine.

You can use 0W-40 or 5W-40 in that, no issues. I think 5W-40 is pretty common with diesels so that's why you're finding that a lot. Euro blends are fine.
Ok thank you so much for your response. I was a little worried because when I was researching everything I was reading that the euro oils especially the ones that are formulated more for diesels might ruin your catalytic converters. I think I’ll go with mobile 1 5w 40 euro 🤙🏻.

Everything I've read is that the Nissan VQ engine architecture does better with a 0W40 or 5W40 over a 5W30.
That’s what I thought as well. My only concern was when I try to find a 5w 40 oil I can only find euro oils or it says it’s for diesels and I wasn’t sure if they are spec right for the vq37vhr I’m not really sure what spec oil the fx37 needs besides the weight.

Most Euro oils are rated with ACEA (like our API and ILSAC). Most ACEA (Euro) oils are dual rated like A/B. A is a gas engine rating and B is a diesel rating.

Back