Saw new Saturn VUE today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must have been new old stock. White glossy paint and flashy silver trims. Looked very modern, almost brand new. It was at a parking lot. I should have taken a picture. I googled and 2009 was the last year they made them (memories of market crash came back). Nice car.
Similar to this:

2009_saturn_vue_4dr-suv_xr_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Chevrolet made a version of it called the Captiva. Available only to fleet buyers like rental car companies. Now they can be bought used/certified.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
It must have been new old stock. White glossy paint and flashy silver trims. Looked very modern, almost brand new. It was at a parking lot. I should have taken a picture. I googled and 2009 was the last year they made them (memories of market crash came back). Nice car.
Similar to this:

2009_saturn_vue_4dr-suv_xr_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

You just gave me a lot of good memories of 2009 too.
smile.gif

8crash was in 2008, remember. Saturn = Dead in 2009. (And Hummer, and Saab, and Pontiac. Or something like that. Or more. All GM.)

My boss had a 2009 G6. It was... Honda-like...

I saw a Captiva on the freeway. I think it was a smaller than the Vue, but the shape and look was very similar. I don't understand why they don't sell it, though I haven't been inside and I have no idea if that area is competitive or not.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
I saw a Captiva on the freeway. I think it was a smaller than the Vue, but the shape and look was very similar. I don't understand why they don't sell it, though I haven't been inside and I have no idea if that area is competitive or not.

You sure that you didn't see the new Buick Encore? It is a smaller version of the Vue/Captiva.

A Captiva is a pervious generation Vue. It is a fleet vehicle that ends up used on car lots. It can be had with the 3.0 six. I test drove one before we bought our Equinox, it moved out pretty good.

I believe the Captiva is used for fleet as to not devalue other lines. It was easy to use the previous view as it was already EPA and crash test certified.

Captiva VS Vue

Yesterday, I saw two dark gray Captiva's for sale at the Chevy dealer. They were both loaded and 2013 models, low miles and priced at $22,500.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Yesterday, I saw two dark gray Captiva's for sale at the Chevy dealer. They were both loaded and 2013 models, low miles and priced at $22,500.

That's not bad. I had previously seen Captivas for sale here and there, but the price was quite high (closer to $30,000). $22,500 is reasonable, though I think they could likely be had for under $20,000, which would make them a very solid value.

Good looking SUV's.. I have always liked them look of them.
I'd never buy one though.

I thought the previous gen Vue Redline was great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back