Samsung Plasma Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a good web resource for troubleshooting my tv?

I've googled a ton, and originally thought my TV was having the "Samsung bad capacitor problem", but after researching a bit my problem sounds a bit different from a bad capacitor.

Here's a video of the exact problem I'm having (It also happens to be the exact same TV I own).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5cwn_JfW-0

I'm just trying to figure out if the repair is just a few bad capacitors (quite an easy fix) or something more serious.

I've had the TV for 5 years, so if it's not something cheap and easy to repair, I'm probably leaning towards just getting a new one (Obviously not a Samsung).

I might fix the capacitors if an easy fix so its done and behind you. If it does fix the problem, good, if not at least you are no longer wondering and can look elsewhere.

My understanding was there were a lot of power supply failures about 5 years back but a lot have been resolved .

You might want to find a TV forum with knowledgable members and post your problem .

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Samsung had a recall/extended warranty/court settlement about these.
Check there website, if your covered, they'll send someone out to fix it for free.

Unfortunately my model isn't on the recall list.

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
My understanding was there were a lot of power supply failures about 5 years back but a lot have been resolved .

You might want to find a TV forum with knowledgable members and post your problem .

I've tried, but being that it's 5 years old, I'm not getting any responses.

I can't really comment on your problem as I am unaware of the capacitor problems etc, but I can say if you do decide to go with Samsung again I have been nothing but elated with my 550 series plasma. I have had it almost 2 years and I love it.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I can't really comment on your problem as I am unaware of the capacitor problems etc, but I can say if you do decide to go with Samsung again I have been nothing but elated with my 550 series plasma. I have had it almost 2 years and I love it.

The TV was fine up until this, but the capacitor problem was pretty widespread a few years ago.

There's everything from youtube videos of how to replace Samsung capacitors, to model specific Samsung capacitor repair kits on amazon.

My tv has lead a pretty easy life, I expected it to last more than 5 years. All of my old tv's have been either sold, given away, or taken to the dump in working condition.

I'm just disappointed.

Originally Posted By: D189379
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Samsung had a recall/extended warranty/court settlement about these.
Check there website, if your covered, they'll send someone out to fix it for free.

Unfortunately my model isn't on the recall list.

I would still contact them and tell them of your disappointment with the TV , you never know , they may do something for you .
I agree , they should certainly last a lot longer than 5 years .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back