Ryobi Pressure Washer

I have a new ryobi pressure washer: RY141802VNM

I'm wondering if there is a recommended "max runtime" that I should be aware of? Let's say I have a walkway I'm cleaning that would take 30 mins of sustained motor runtime. Can I just start washing and run for the full 30 mins without stopping, or, should I stop every 5 mins for a 5 minute break? Or something else?

I know my ryobi air/high pressure inflator has a duty cycle spelled out right in the manual, 5 mins on 5 off. It gets very hot. So I want to avoid killing my little pressure washer too if possible. The manual for my new pressure washer doesn't say anything.

I do have a warranty yes. I don't put much faith in them though, I always try to use the tool as its designed.

Great point about the water cooling though, never thought of that.

I have 2 ryobi electric washers. I have run them continuously for hours...
Same with gasoline ones. Was washing my driveway, probably 2-3 hours straight every day for a week.

I know my ryobi air/high pressure inflator has a duty cycle spelled out right in the manual, 5 mins on 5 off. It gets very hot. So I want to avoid killing my little pressure washer too if possible. The manual for my new pressure washer doesn't say anything.
the pump in a pressure washer is water cooled.. use it as long as you want.

"pump" in air compressor isnt water cooled.

The problem mostly in gas pressure washers is running it at full power when the trigger is NOT pulled and going in your house for lunch, a beer, a nap and then changing the oil in your car before coming back to actually use the pressure washer again.

A quick reposition is fine. Much more than that shut it down until ready to use again.

Some pressure washer pumps may have a plug where one could remove the plug and screw in a temp relief valve which are $5 to $10. I did that for the new AR pump I just mounted on an old engine & frame. But have no experience whether that will really help. But I shut down the engine if going to be over a minute or two of trigger not pulled.

Back