Ryco Syntec z418 - Cut open

Used for about 3500km M1 0w40 and an amsoil oil flush on an LS430 that had a few long oil change intervals by previous owner.

I was interested to see the plastic webbing in the filter "frame" - I guess thats what makes it "synthetic"?

As you can see, there was definitely some cleaning action.
20230215_182713.jpg
20230215_182741.jpg

Used for about 3500km M1 0w40 and an amsoil oil flush on an LS430 that had a few long oil change intervals by previous owner.

I was interested to see the plastic webbing in the filter "frame" - I guess thats what makes it "synthetic"?

As you can see, there was definitely some cleaning action.View attachment 140503View attachment 140504
Very nice. What oil and filter went back on and in?

Thank You👍🍻

Plastic webbing is the support for the synthetic media since it can't support itself.

The nano-fibre media makes it synthetic.

High efficiency synthetic nano fibre media. Removes more dirt.

For the people looking at this post. The filter media has been cut off & the Oil Filter shown is without this media. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on here. I was going to say the filter looked terrible until I realized the media had already been cut off.

Very nice. What oil and filter went back on and in?

Thank You👍🍻
I discovered that Ryco Z9s (massive filter) fits! They are also cheap and are specced for one of my other vehicles.

I have some genuine toyota yzzd3 filters which are discontinued and supposedly very good. Those will be used next.

Its summer here now, so I went with Nulon 10w40 Full Syn.

I discovered that Ryco Z9s (massive filter) fits! They are also cheap and are specced for one of my other vehicles.
I'm glad somebody else has done this, I was nervous about it.
I'm doing it on a 2005 Saab 9 3 B207L engine.
I had done it previously on my '98 2.3 NA Saab.

. If worried about low oil pressure id go up a weight
Nah, wasn't worried about the oil pressure though I am going to 10w40 because of mileage and Brisbane.
I was just concerned about using the "wrong" filter even though all the threads are right.

Certainly not the best rated filter out there in terms of efficiency at 32 microns but who am I to say? I'm running a K&P reusable stainless mesh oil filter "supposedly" rated at 35 microns absolute.😂

Attachments

• 244F8708-3508-4219-856B-04B13DB58AD7.jpeg
    244F8708-3508-4219-856B-04B13DB58AD7.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
Good to know! Looks like a solid filter. Can you buy those in the US? Never seen them before.
I don't know but check into WIX XP, Amsoil and Bosch Premium. Z9 is the same as Motorcraft AFL 1. A very common filter.

Back