Rural King Synthetic Quality & Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: CrackyWainwright
We just got a big Rural King store close by in beautiful Muscle Shoals, Alabama. I can't believe how good the oil prices are . . . better than Wal-Mart by several dollars. The full synthetic oil (all weights/grades) are $10.59 for a 5-quart jug!

Any of you have any experience or opinions on Rural King oil?

You're so lucky! I have been wishing they would build some stores here in La. I get emails from them with their store circular. And, their prices are great!
RUAL KING, if you're reading this, build in LOUISIANA!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

They built a few in East Tennessee and I know how all ya'll cajun folks just love to come up to the Smokies. Next time you make the drive up here, stock up. A filter and a jug costs me less than $10.

Originally Posted By: CrackyWainwright
We just got a big Rural King store close by in beautiful Muscle Shoals, Alabama. I can't believe how good the oil prices are . . . better than Wal-Mart by several dollars. The full synthetic oil (all weights/grades) are $10.59 for a 5-quart jug!

Any of you have any experience or opinions on Rural King oil?

Was just going to ask that question, but like a good forum member I did a search first.
grin.gif

A Rural King just opened near me where Sears used to be. $10.99 for a 5 quart jug of house-brand Harvest King full syn is unbeatable if it's decent stuff. The 0w-20 and 5w-30 are Dexos-rated, the 5w-20 is not. Did not see a UOA of it posted.

I won't purchase anything made by CITGO, their fuel or oils... Parent company is o Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A and is a known terrorist supplier and hates the United States.

Years ago when word first got out about them, they had to change many of their stores names because no one would buy gas.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
I won't purchase anything made by CITGO, their fuel or oils... Parent company is o Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A and is a known terrorist supplier and hates the United States.

Years ago when word first got out about them, they had to change many of their stores names because no one would buy gas.

Thanks, I won't support Communists.

Originally Posted By: xtell
Recently, I put in 4 quarts of Rural King synthetic 0w-20 into the GF's Honda Fit. This is the first time I put that brand of oil in the car and after an out of state trip and a lot of city driving I can definitely say the engine has never run quieter. It is pretty much silent at red lights.

This was my experience as well. I did a short oci with the HK synthetic blend, thinking it was "cheap" oil. After replacing it with Havoline I immediately noticed the engine was noisier and didn't idle quite as smooth. I think it's very good oil for the price.

Strange thing I noticed, it's still $7.99 for the dino/blend and $10.99 for full syn at Atwoods down road from me. But at Rural king SAME Harvest king oil is 9.49 or 11.50 ????

I guess it is bottled by different sources around country and prices fluctuate ??

Dave

Originally Posted By: GMguy84
Strange thing I noticed, it's still $7.99 for the dino/blend and $10.99 for full syn at Atwoods down road from me. But at Rural king SAME Harvest king oil is 9.49 or 11.50 ????

I guess it is bottled by different sources around country and prices fluctuate ??

Dave

Last i heard from member here CITGO blends it

Citgo 5qt. jugs are often $1.99 A/R here at FleetFarm, I use it in the ATV's OPE..they stock up to 10/40.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: GMguy84

Dave

Last i heard from member here CITGO blends it

Ya I know but strange that the SAME oil is different prices between Atwoods/Rural King

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back