Running a two stroke at 60:1 or 70:1

True.
But that's not what I said now, is it?
Amsoil Saber at 25: or 32:1 typically blows some excess oil and can be backed off to 40:1, 50:1, 64:1 etc
You are claiming that Saber is clean (JASO FD), but dirty at 32:1, pure nonsense.

You said spooge and oil blowing out the exhaust, that is very dirty.
Amsoil recommends 50:1-100:1, if you mix richer oil than recommended, there MAY be some excess oil. That's not dirt, it's excess oil from not following the recommended mix ratio.

1680056038320.jpg

Last edited:
So I bought a Sthil gas leaf blower. The exhaust is out out in front so you kind of walk into to it. I ran it a few minutes using Echo Red Armor as that's what I had, but it left me stinking like exhaust.

Maybe use what I already have and go with a 60:1 or 70:1 mix?

I'm not going going electric. Any another off shelf oil suggestions?
I think it's a 50:1 motor.

This is what 40:1 Amsoil Saber looks like in a Lawn-Boy after about 15 hours. There is pooled oil in the muffler cover. It definitely needs to run at a higher ratio to prevent this.

Attachments

• Muffler cover after 1 season on 40to1 Saber1.jpg
    Muffler cover after 1 season on 40to1 Saber1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Muffler plate after 1 season on 40 to 1 Saber 2 .jpg
    Muffler plate after 1 season on 40 to 1 Saber 2 .jpg
    127 KB · Views: 40
Back in the 80's I was sponsored by Neo synthetic oil. It was supposed to be used @ 100:1. I couldn't keep my engine together at that ratio. I'm sure oils have improved since then but I'm not in the 100:1 camp.
Racing?? What engine, etc??

I would NEVER never recommend 100:1 with an oil not specifically designed to dilute that much, and in a race engine, never. Amsoil Dominator is NOT a 100:1 oil, for example.

100:1 is for bragging rights, and to show the internet carbonless piston skirt photos.
Typical Amsoil marketing.

Im sure Saber is a good ester based 2 stroke oil, but I have no reason to believe that it offers better lubricity that the other ester based 2 stroke oils on the market. Running Saber 100:1 successfully in a trimmer is not a convincing argument, it just sounds shamwow!

Typical Amsoil marketing.

Im sure Saber is a good ester based 2 stroke oil, but I have no reason to believe that it offers better lubricity that the other ester based 2 stroke oils on the market. Running Saber 100:1 successfully in a trimmer is not a convincing argument, it just sounds shamwow!
How does Opti sound?

Racing?? What engine, etc??

I would NEVER never recommend 100:1 with an oil not specifically designed to dilute that much, and in a race engine, never. Amsoil Dominator is NOT a 100:1 oil, for example.
Yes. I raced an 1984 ARC250R back then. Neo gave me cases of their oil as well as stickers.

Back