RP or Amsoil 75w90 in Nissan LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster here. I want to change out the fluid in the front and rear diff's in an '89 Pathfinder, but I'm a bit confused as to which gear oil to use. Royal Purple has the 75w90, but the Amsoil choices confuse me. According to the product selector, Amsoil says I need an 85w in the front diff and an 80w90 in the rear LSD. The factory manual says 75w90 is fine for the front, but makes no recommendation for the rear, other than "LSD Rated". So, can I use 75w90 for the front and rear? What are the potential problems? The truck lives in the Northeast, 500-600 miles weekly, 75% highway/15% surface street/10% rough or unimproved roads. Both RP and Amsoil are available locally, so that's what I'd like to use. Both are GL-5 rated. Also, the Amsoil product selector calls for a 75w90 GL-4 in the transfer case. Can I use a GL-5 rated there as well? Thank for reading.

I would choose RP over Amsoil any day! I am useing their MaxGear Gl4/GL5 rated lube in my Trany and it is doing just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back