Royal Purple back at Wal-Mart (5w20/5w30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 03s
Just the 0W-20 and 5W-30 are licensed.

Would there really be any point in licensing 5w-20? AC Delco 5w-20 dexos1 is no more, and 0w-20 is recommended for all 5w-20 dexos1 applications.

Originally Posted By: wemay
I'm a sucker for Purple
smile.gif

I hear you. They sell Royal Purple in Australia and I liked the idea of pouring some purple oil into my engine. So I went to the local auto-store that stocks RP. Their price was $110- for 5L, OUCH !!!

I walked away with Castrol Magnatec at $35- for 5L.

The purple stuff wasn't to be for me.

Originally Posted By: SR5
I'm a sucker for Purple
smile.gif

I hear you. They sell Royal Purple in Australia and I liked the idea of pouring some purple oil into my engine. So I went to the local auto-store that stocks RP. Their price was $110- for 5L, OUCH !!!

I walked away with Castrol Magnatec at $35- for 5L.

The purple stuff wasn't to be for me.

Yeah, that's a rathet deep valley between those prices. Can't blame you one bit.

Oil change with filter is right around $13.00 in my truck. RP would be waste of money for me since my engine consumes oil so i usually stick to the cheap stuff.
Though i do like the purple color.

Interesting, good for RP oil users I'd imagine. I'm sure it's good oil however too pricey for me, and I'd 'assume' most regular WM shoppers.

Thanks to the OP, I've still got 10 qt's, two OCs worth of AAP closeout IDEMITSU 0w20, obtained for $.74/qt. That'll work for me and price more my speed. But, strokes for folks.

Ok, as I've said before, I've never been able to notice any difference between oils used. BUT... That has finally changed with Royal Purple. We've been driving all day today - city and highway, and unequivocally the Sonata idles and drives smoother than before. It isn't drastic, but definitely noticeable. I'm so excited to share this news that I'm actually posting from a Shell gas station while pumping 89 octane.

bbhero will be proud. Lol

I know your car is under warranty and you want an API approved oil but my car is under warranty and I'll only use RP HPS 5w20/30 in my car. Just a few days ago I was able to get a case of RP HPS 5w20 for $80 since Ebay had a $15 coupon if I purchased using their app. Lots of people I know tell me the same as to how smoother their car runs with RP oil.

HPS is “high permanent street.” Why spend the extra money for a Acura RLX? I have yet to see a good UOA on royal purple. Pennzoil and Mobil seem to beat it every time.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
HPS is “high permanent street.” Why spend the extra money for a Acura RLX? I have yet to see a good UOA on royal purple. Pennzoil and Mobil seem to beat it every time.

And for less $$

Originally Posted By: deven
I know your car is under warranty and you want an API approved oil but my car is under warranty and I'll only use RP HPS 5w20/30 in my car. Just a few days ago I was able to get a case of RP HPS 5w20 for $80 since Ebay had a $15 coupon if I purchased using their app. Lots of people I know tell me the same as to how smoother their car runs with RP oil.

The difference in how the car feels is pronounced enough that running API RP is my first choice. But thanks for the recommendation.

deven, great deal on walmart.com...

(Thanks to member, FranklinJL for posting in a sep thread)

I'm actually contemplating the HPS 0w20 (D1G2) or the new Valv MEFS 0w20 for the Malibu...? They have them stocked right next to each other at my WM. They actually have the M1 AP right next to it as well...makes sense being that they are all three at the same price point.

I'm leaning towards the RP...

deven, great deal on walmart.com...

(Thanks to member, FranklinJL for posting in a sep thread)

That is an amazing deal! Thanks!!

Its "high performance street". I honestly use it because it is by far the smoothest running oil I have used. Very pronounced difference in NVH in all the cars I have used in so far. To me that alone is worth the extra $$.

Originally Posted By: RD_3
I'm actually contemplating the HPS 0w20 (D1G2) or the new Valv MEFS 0w20 for the Malibu...? They have them stocked right next to each other at my WM. They actually have the M1 AP right next to it as well...makes sense being that they are all three at the same price point.

RP doesn't make a 0w20 in HPS version. They do offer it in the API version that they sell.

Originally Posted By: RD_3

RP doesn't make a 0w20 in HPS version. They do offer it in the API version that they sell.

My mistake, thanks for the clarification!

Its "high performance street". I honestly use it because it is by far the smoothest running oil I have used. Very pronounced difference in NVH in all the cars I have used in so far. To me that alone is worth the extra $$.

Bloody iPhone auto correct. And fair enough. Wouldn’t be my choice but can’t fault you for wanting what feels best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back