Rotella T6 5 gal pail

Last edited:
I get 5 gallon pails of hydraulic fluid sent from Tractor Supply now and then. The factory seal would be enough but they shrink wrap the snot out of it. Never had a leak. It takes more time to get the shrink wrap off the bucket and handle if anything!

it's a good price.. since I am trying to break my habit of hoarding motor oil, I am going to pass, but I must say that is a good price.
Same here. I have TONS of 5W-30, a healthy amount of 15W-40 and very little 5W-40. That is my only “excuse” for buying it.

I am partial to keep buying the Rotella T6 for my 5W-40 as it’ll work in anything plus the new Can-Am and I wanna have something on hand with the JASO spec.

it's a good price.. since I am trying to break my habit of hoarding motor oil, I am going to pass, but I must say that is a good price.
Agree, not a bad price… these days.

I’m cleaning out my stash, because when I can pick up the phone, call Mary Jane & have an absolutely fresh batch of HPL with no worries of additive fallout on my doorstep within 2 days, why should I give Shell my money before I actually need their product and tie up MY space with their product?

Speaking of, anybody wanna take an unopened bucket of Delvac ESP 5w40 off my hands? I’m willing to meet in the Delaware County Indiana area 🤣

Agree, not a bad price… these days.

I’m cleaning out my stash, because when I can pick up the phone, call Mary Jane & have an absolutely fresh batch of HPL with no worries of additive fallout on my doorstep within 2 days, why should I give Shell my money before I actually need their product and tie up MY space with their product?

Speaking of, anybody wanna take an unopened bucket of Delvac ESP 5w40 off my hands? I’m willing to meet in the Delaware County Indiana area 🤣

you aren't a price shopper anymore..

WTH is additive fallout? is that like when a can of paint sits on the shelf for a long period of time and you need to stir it to get the solids in suspension?

you aren't a price shopper anymore..

WTH is additive fallout? is that like when a can of paint sits on the shelf for a long period of time and you need to stir it to get the solids in suspension?
Search Pennzoil threads, especially PUP. I believe MolaKule said it is “overbased” (maybe calcium sulfonate?) or something like that… from my understanding, the oils they use can’t hold onto all of the additives, and given enough time sitting can precipitate out onto the container. It looks like a dark film that you can wipe up with your finger.

That said, I used PUP for many years and had great results, and would use it still.

Search Pennzoil threads, especially PUP. I believe MolaKule said it is “overbased” (maybe calcium sulfonate?) or something like that… from my understanding, the oils they use can’t hold onto all of the additives, and given enough time sitting can precipitate out onto the container. It looks like a dark film that you can wipe up with your finger.

That said, I used PUP for many years and had great results, and would use it still.
it sounds like much ado about nothing.. lets face it, if a person was actually worried about that, it sounds like turning the container over should fix the problem.. :)

If you are buying stuff in 5 gallons pails, check out lubricant distributors in your area. I work for one and on *most* things, you can get the best deal straight from a distributor.

Pail pumps.
That and I've also opened the pail and poured from its spout into one of these containers for filling into a vehicle.

1697062096395.jpg

Back