Roof Maxx roofing spray

I would be concerned about the effects of inflation. If you’re planning on staying in the home long term is there an advantage to putting off the inevitable replacement? Even if you get lucky and get 3-5 years out of a Roof Max application the new roof that you could have gotten for x is gonna cost 3x in 5 years.

The methyl ester is not a glue rather an oil to make the asphalt shingles a little more flexible, less brittle.

There are some acrylic sealers that are more like a glue.
It’s just something to consider. I don’t think many people think about removal, but it’s all manual labor, so anything that may negatively affect it should be a consideration IMO.

Actually the biggest roofing scam is that they won't do repairs, since whole roof replacements are more profitable for them, that is the only thing they will offer. That and yeah, I would be OK with coating shingles with even a silicone sealant intended for a flat roof. People do it. Read the reviews. I have seen people post pictures of their house with it.
Who is “they”. If you mean roofing companies that are nothing but a middle man and hire outside contractors and have no full time roofers of their own, then yes and it’s your fault for giving them your business.

Just did a roof repair on my rental property late last year. Called around some companies and many would not ever return my calls or reply to messages. Got tired of this and looked at my local FB market place. Yes I know there are tons of scammers out there, fortunately I can smell BS pretty quickly.
Finally found a guy, talked to him over the phone and he came over to assess the situation. I already knew the plywood underneath has rotten away as I went up in the attic to investigate. He went up on the roof and pretty much immediately identified the trouble spot. At that point I knew this was my guy.

We agreed on the price, shook hands like real men and he completed the work the next day. Did a great job too.

That’s the kind of man I can give my money to, not some sleazy corporation that will end up hiring him anyways to do the job, but will pay him a lot less and charge me a lot more.

Last edited:
Who is “they”. If you mean roofing companies that are nothing but a middle man and hire outside contractors and have no full time roofers of their own, then yes and it’s your fault for giving them your business.

Just did a roof repair on my rental property late last year. Called around some companies and many would not ever return my calls or reply to messages. Got tired of this and looked at my local FB market place. Yes I know there are tons of scammers out there, fortunately I can smell BS pretty quickly.
Finally found a guy, talked to him over the phone and he came over to assess the situation. I already knew the plywood underneath has rotten away as I went up in the attic to investigate. He went up on the roof and pretty much immediately identified the trouble spot. At that point I knew this was my guy.

We agreed on the price, shook hands like real men and he completed the work the next day. Did a great job too.

That’s the kind of man I can give my money to, not some sleazy corporation that will end up hiring him anyways to do the job, but will pay him a lot less and charge me a lot more.
I find it hard to find tradespeople who want to do jobs for individual homeowners when they can get more work than they can handle working to the big home builders.

And then there are the ones that jack up the price when they see a gated community with nice homes.

Has anyone had their roof sprayed with Roof Maxx. It's supposed to rejuvenate dried out asphalt shingles. A company sprays it on an your roof.

Not cheap. $1500 to $2000 or whatever they can lift from your wallet.

It's probably $50 to $100 worth of product they spray on. (Guess).
Been on a roof 3 yrs after Roof Maxx treatment and no crunchy sound when walking. Was super crunchy before treatment. Dealer did a full tuneup sealing exposed nails and sealed failed vent pipe seals along with replacing a 10" vent rain cap.
Dealers pay a big price for solution that acts as a penetrant to renew shingle flexibility. Also have heard other sealer type products are not suggested on comp shingles due to trapping moisture since shingles are designed to breath.
By my calculations, 3 RM treatments can extend the life of a qualifying roof 15-20 additional yrs for less than half the price of a new roof. Most roofs last 15-22 yrs in general depending on the area of the U.S.. I'm a believer. Seen it work..even had my 20 yr roof treated a few days. ago.

Been on a roof 3 yrs after Roof Maxx treatment and no crunchy sound when walking. Was super crunchy before treatment. Dealer did a full tuneup sealing exposed nails and sealed failed vent pipe seals along with replacing a 10" vent rain cap.
Dealers pay a big price for solution that acts as a penetrant to renew shingle flexibility. Also have heard other sealer type products are not suggested on comp shingles due to trapping moisture since shingles are designed to breath.
By my calculations, 3 RM treatments can extend the life of a qualifying roof 15-20 additional yrs for less than half the price of a new roof. Most roofs last 15-22 yrs in general depending on the area of the U.S.. I'm a believer. Seen it work..even had my 20 yr roof treated a few days. ago.
Seems like a post by someone selling this stuff.

I saw this post when I was googling RoofMaxx because I wanted to see what other peoples experiences were with it. I recently had it applied to my 1550 square foot home. So here is what I think, and why I bought it. I was cleaning my gutters and I noticed that my shingles were extremely brittle...My roof is over 23 years old so I figured it might be time to replace it. I have no leaks, and the home is in great condition. My neighbor, suggested that I could put it off for a few years with roofmaxx. Basically, the stuff hydrates the singles with a chemically altered oil that acts like penetrating oil. True to its word, my shingles are super flexible and they aren't crumbling like they were when I initially jiggled a few around. I would not recommend this product if your underlayment has been compromised and your roof is already leaking, but if you're trying to keep your shingles from sheering I think its the real deal. I read someone on this thread paid WAY more than I did. I think that anyone doing roofmax is just a general contractor selling the product like a franchise does, so you can definitely get price gauged like with any other product. I'll just say that what I paid was like 17 % of the cost of reroofing. It's been 8 months, shingles are still super flexi.
My home has about 3200 sq ft roof. The RoofMax guy was here and they want $4200 for the RoofMax spray, about $500 to clean and $400 to replace some cap shingles. I will get some estimates but I think a new roof would be $20K. So they are getting close to 25% of the cost of the new roof. Seems high.

If I had the roof replaced I would not need to clean it or replace cap shingles.

So if a guy gets on my roof and sprays bleach to clean it then it's $500. If he sprays methyl ester (RoofMaxx) then is $4200. The methyl ester is made from soy beans, not gold.

Back