Roof Maxx roofing spray

Has anyone had their roof sprayed with Roof Maxx. It's supposed to rejuvenate dried out asphalt shingles. A company sprays it on an your roof.

Not cheap. $1500 to $2000 or whatever they can lift from your wallet.

It's probably $50 to $100 worth of product they spray on. (Guess).

I like the clear shingle coating:

And seems to work on a lot of non roof applications as well.

The latest scam perpetuated on gullible consumers. The only remedy for worn out shingles is replacement. This is an old old scam.
Actually the biggest roofing scam is that they won't do repairs, since whole roof replacements are more profitable for them, that is the only thing they will offer. That and yeah, I would be OK with coating shingles with even a silicone sealant intended for a flat roof. People do it. Read the reviews. I have seen people post pictures of their house with it.

I wonder if this is similar to what I saw yesterday. A large apartment building had workers on the roof installing a white sheet over the asphalt shingles. The installation looked permanent to me. The sheet looked like the building wrap you see on exterior walls before the siding goes on.

"Repairs" can be a tricky thing, lots of factors to consider. Many times the repair is not practical or is way more involved than the homeowner thinks. There is a big difference between a repair and a worn out roof.
This scam used to go around every summer when the Travelers were in the Midwest, frankly I dont see any difference between them.

The latest scam perpetuated on gullible consumers. The only remedy for worn out shingles is replacement. This is an old old scam.

I work for a construction contractor that does commercial and residential work and we offer Roofmaxx if it is a suitable solution based on a customer's expressed wants and needs. It is a perfectly legitimate product but frankly it has limited effective usage in both practical application and longevity.

If your shingles are in fact need of replacement I would not recommend Roofmaxx. In certain instances with certain intentions of the customer in mind it can serve an excellent purpose for the short term enhancement of an existing shingle roof.

Different people want and need different things I think what is important is actually finding someone to work with who will take the time to go over your options instead of just trying to sell you something.

I saw this post when I was googling RoofMaxx because I wanted to see what other peoples experiences were with it. I recently had it applied to my 1550 square foot home. So here is what I think, and why I bought it. I was cleaning my gutters and I noticed that my shingles were extremely brittle...My roof is over 23 years old so I figured it might be time to replace it. I have no leaks, and the home is in great condition. My neighbor, suggested that I could put it off for a few years with roofmaxx. Basically, the stuff hydrates the singles with a chemically altered oil that acts like penetrating oil. True to its word, my shingles are super flexible and they aren't crumbling like they were when I initially jiggled a few around. I would not recommend this product if your underlayment has been compromised and your roof is already leaking, but if you're trying to keep your shingles from sheering I think its the real deal. I read someone on this thread paid WAY more than I did. I think that anyone doing roofmax is just a general contractor selling the product like a franchise does, so you can definitely get price gauged like with any other product. I'll just say that what I paid was like 17 % of the cost of reroofing. It's been 8 months, shingles are still super flexi.

Has anyone had their roof sprayed with Roof Maxx. It's supposed to rejuvenate dried out asphalt shingles. A company sprays it on an your roof.

Not cheap. $1500 to $2000 or whatever they can lift from your wallet.

It's probably $50 to $100 worth of product they spray on. (Guess).
I would NOT do it.....

I wonder if this is similar to what I saw yesterday. A large apartment building had workers on the roof installing a white sheet over the asphalt shingles. The installation looked permanent to me. The sheet looked like the building wrap you see on exterior walls before the siding goes on.
The flat roof membrane is totally different. The spray is mostly BS, especially the part about the heat warped shingles flattening out and reattaching to the course of shingles below. I don’t know how they can legally advertise that without spraying underneath and rolling the roof!

Yeah, have been seeing that ad a lot.
I suspect there is some short term truth to it.
HOWEVER the sun will degrade that spray quickly over time. Reason it will degrade? The only thing that protects is the fine rocks covering asphalt shingles, the sun doesnt degrade rocks but over time, the rocks come/wear off that is when the roof starts to degrade. UV rays then start drying up and degrading the shingle below. I am pretty sure.

I just had my roof done. it was leaking. Don't pay a lot, most labour are subbed out from Ecuador or Honduras. Roofing Owner/contrator never showed on the job site - he is just a pimp fur the subs.

Cost me about 6 G's including ice and water underlayment. Materials are not expensive - it's mostly labour. About 120 bucks per 100square feet for the shingles plus a couple bundles for overhang waste.
They have nailer guns now or staple. Much faster install job. Old roof tear off labour and construction debris container haul away is the costly part.

Funny thing, I was going to apply common driveway sealer tar to get the roof till summer - then I thought it would make the tear off that much harder and another downside - it would stink. So I passed on cheaping out. - Ken

I like the clear shingle coating:

And seems to work on a lot of non roof applications as well.
This not the same as Roof Maxc or Ugly Roof. They are a plant based ester that soaks into the asphalt shingle to make it more flexible like when it was new.

Not saying they make the shingles new, just a little more flexible to get a few more years out of them.

I cannot find anything like Roof Maxc or Ugly Roof you can buy by the gallon to spray on your roof. As a DIY.

There is another company selling a similar product. The stuff is a methyl ester from soy beans.

My guess is if the roof has no leaks or missing shingles but the shingles are getting brittle then maybe a candidate for roof rejuvenation. My guess is they spray on about $50 to $100 worth of product and charge about 10x or 20x for the service.

I don’t have a good feeling about it. It may work for a while and all, but you’re essentially gluing the shingles together from the outside. That may come back to bite you when it comes to remove those glued together shingles.
The methyl ester is not a glue rather an oil to make the asphalt shingles a little more flexible, less brittle.

There are some acrylic sealers that are more like a glue.

Back