Rode The New 2018 Softail Fat Bob 114 c.i. Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Originally Posted By: DdDd
Hooray!!! Harley finally caught up to the 1980s Japanese musclebikes.

At this pace in another hundred years we might actually see a supersport!!!

Before you Harley tykes get your knickers in a knot it really does smell like a Yamaha V-ro errrrrr I mean V-Max

Kind of funny, being Harley outsells your brands by almost 10 to 1 ...

Always the sales numbers...all this proves is how stupid the motorcycle buying public is...

Kind of funny, being Harley outsells your brands by almost 10 to 1 ... and sells as many bikes as ALL brands sold in the USA combined.

and that's why I say this whole propaganda against smoking is Fake News..... millions are doing it, it's gotta be good for you.... lol

Originally Posted By: grampi

Before you Harley tykes get your knickers in a knot it really does smell like a Yamaha V-ro errrrrr I mean V-Max

Always the sales numbers...all this proves is how stupid the motorcycle buying public is...

Are you saying everyone who buys and rides a Harley is stupid. Very very condescending....

Yes, the 2018 Softail line looks great ! I have owned mopeds, Honda 305 Dream, Honda 750 and a Goldwing ( 1976) and have been out of the motorcycle circle for 40 years ! But----- I am seriously thinking about acquiring a 2018 Harley Fatbob with the 114 engine !

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
Originally Posted By: grampi

Are you saying everyone who buys and rides a Harley is stupid. Very very condescending....

Only the ones who are brainwashed into thinking that Harley actually makes a superior product to the other makes just because the paint and chrome is nicer, and they have less plastic...there's a lot more to a bike than paint and chrome...

There is a lot more to a motorcycle than going super fast. Any Harley made will exceed any posted speed limit in the US. there is something to getting there comfortably. I was just thinking, I don't care that people ride Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis, or even triumphs. I could care less. it never crosses my mind that people buy and like bikes different than what I ride. Why do people set around and obsess over people liking and riding Harleys. Why would they be drawn to every Harley thread like a moth to a flame to bad mouth what some one else rides. Is it envy, hate, insecurity. I just cant for the life of me figure it out. Life is way too short for this kind of behavior. Why do they think they have the right to tell me what I should like or how I should spend my money. Are they just control freaks?. They must live really miserable lives.

And maybe Harleys are superior for what they what the bike for or their personal use. People feel this way about other makes are Harley riders not allowed to?

Last edited:
Dangit, Harley makes a fast bike and the haters still hate on it. Always an excuse to praise the imports and dis H-D. My 2007 Dyna has been very reliable, doesn't leak oil and parts are available.

don't waste your breath, grampi doesn't even own a bike and his last bike was a Triumph not a Japanese bike

So he is just a measurable old man who hates when other people are out riding and having fun. LOL

By the way. I have a 2014 Sportster that has 110 horse power. It will run in the low 11s and turn 116 in the quarter. It is a joy to ride and gets 50 MPG. But I don't care that there are bikes faster or slower. Its what I like and that's what is most important.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
A street legal Sportster tearing up a 600 gixxer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1vo02XaJM

Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any more ridiculous.... why not a drag race with an F-18 fighter or an F1 car while you're at it....

how much was spent on the Harley (the video title lists its displacement listed at 1275, so it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaar removed from stock)? Try putting a big-bore GSX-R 1000 or GSX-S1000 (like this one: http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/ptr-suzuki-gsx-s1200-weapons-grade/) against said Harley and see how well it does? Or run a bone-stock Sportster 1200 against a GSX-R600 (notwithstanding the fact the latter is at a 50% displacement disadvantage) and get back to us.

He wins the street legal bike shoot out at his local strip often. The jugs are 1275. The heads have big valves. he has 600 cams. The transmission is stock as well as the bottom end. The swing arm is stretched for wheelies. He runs on pump gas. Not as much money was spent as you want to believe. he will run in the 9s at 130. Not bad at all. Twice the displacement vs. twice the cylinders. LOL Hes having loads of fun. That's all that matters. And if he gets beat by a faster bike he does not get his panties in a knot.

Last edited:
What defines street legal? I believe Jay Leno's jet bike w/ 300 or so shaft hp is street legal. well, he rides it on the street so I assume it is. So what defines street legal, I just want to know.

His bike is not radical at all. It runs on pump gas. The compression is 10.5 to 1 I believe. It could run in traffic with no problem. The cams are not radical at all. When a Harley can do good every body starts calling foul. So sad. I don't understand the hate out there for Harleys. I have ridden them since 1960. I have always liked them. Is that a cardinal sin. I think not. Ride what you like and let others do the same.

I have a 2014 Sportster that's 1250 with 30 degree reverse dome pistons, Its 10.5 to 1 compression. It has ported and polished heads with the biggest valves that will fit in there. I have Hammer 560 cams. A hammer air breather and a Supertrap exhaust. It is 110 HP. Its gets 50 MPG. It is a joy to ride. I ride it almost every day. I truly love this bike. it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it. Is this not what motorcycles are all about. I'm 73 years old but I can hold my own in most situations. I care not what others ride. I care not if they are faster. I am living my dream and that's what matters to me. You posers who post a lot and don't ride much do not matter to me. I am going to ride and enjoy life as long as I can. I suggest others try and do the same and get over your selves. At this stage in my life I can afford any bike made. I chose the one I have. That's what its all about. What puts the biggest smile on my face.

Last edited:
Not sure if that rant was directed at me but I wasn't saying anything about the bike or the brand, I was asking what defines street legal because I genuinely don't know. Always hear the term thrown around, never heard an explanation as to what horsepower or torque figure would render a bike illegal for street use. And I wouldn't call folks around here posers. There are plenty who've literally shed blood sweat and tears in the riding hobby.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
What defines street legal? I believe Jay Leno's jet bike w/ 300 or so shaft hp is street legal. well, he rides it on the street so I assume it is. So what defines street legal, I just want to know.

This bike was licensed and street legal in it's home state. It also made 670 rwhp on Methanol. Salt conditions were less than ideal, and kept it's speed down to around 230 mph. It was geared for approx. 290 MPH. Some of the bodywork is removed in the pic, as we were working on it.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

This bike was licensed and street legal in it's home state. It also made 670 rwhp on Methanol. Salt conditions were less than ideal, and kept it's speed down to around 230 mph. It was geared for approx. 290 MPH. Some of the bodywork is removed in the pic, as we were working on it.

That hayabusa (?...) is insane !!
laugh.gif

I don't post here hardly ever at all. The reason is all the hate for the Harley brand. I just don't care to deal with all the people with their issues. Every one go back to your regularly schedule postings and I will go back to riding and enjoying what time I have left on this earth. Hope you have a good one and may the force be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back