Rode The New 2018 Softail Fat Bob 114 c.i. Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: webfors
Good looking bike! It would have to be a second bike for city slicking for me.

I'm a big fan of the option to stand up on my bike, especially for touring off the beaten path, and for long rides. It really helps stay comfortable.

I agree, being able to stand up makes all the difference. When I was doing 5-600mi days going west on my XSR900 being able to stand every 50 miles or so really kept my rear from getting sore.

My uncle on his vstar 1100 was way more sore than me as he was stuck sitting the whole time.

I'm not a huge Harley fan, but I could be if they made a naked sport bike or sport tourer.

I've always found the Cruiser riding position uncomfortable after only a short time. There's no way I would ride around the Country on a Cruiser, for that reason alone.

I'm a big fan of the option to stand up on my bike, especially for touring off the beaten path, and for long rides. It really helps stay comfortable.

I agree, being able to stand up makes all the difference. When I was doing 5-600mi days going west on my XSR900 being able to stand every 50 miles or so really kept my rear from getting sore.

My uncle on his vstar 1100 was way more sore than me as he was stuck sitting the whole time.

I'm not a huge Harley fan, but I could be if they made a naked sport bike or sport tourer.

They did...it was called a Buell.

Originally Posted By: grampi
The fools are those willing to make a house payment for a bike because it has nice paint and chrome...

It's all about priorities. The motorcycle would be like a payment on a cheap car. If your car is already paid for, house is already paid for, etc. then it's not a big deal. BTW I've ridden an M109 and this 114 Harley would pull on it.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard

They did...it was called a Buell.

Harley restrained and hampered buell immensely. If they would have allowed him to build the bikes that were EBR under the Harley name they would have sold.

The buell bike Harley allowed him to build were garbage compared to Japanese and European sport bikes.

My son owned a Yamaha Vmax. Nice powerful bike, but the torque rise from the shaft drive was down right scary at anything near WOT.

Did Yamaha not use a reactive setup? Cardon shaft on my new Guzzi is reactive... no jacking or other shaft side effects.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: grampi
The fools are those willing to make a house payment for a bike because it has nice paint and chrome...

It's all about priorities. The motorcycle would be like a payment on a cheap car. If your car is already paid for, house is already paid for, etc. then it's not a big deal. BTW I've ridden an M109 and this 114 Harley would pull on it.

I'd like to see it next to the Rocket III...it would get smoked like a cheap cigar! I won't even talk about the V-Max...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
^^^Maybe, maybe not.

Rocket vs. Sportster

I'm talking stock vs stock...if you think that sportster was stock, I've got a bridge for sale...I suppose next you'll be posting a video of a sportster beating a V-Max...LOL!

Last edited:
Do you have to dump in every Harley thread. We know you hate all things Harley. Are you so miserable that trying to blow out some else's candle will maybe make yours brighter. You would be better off to post about motorcycles you like and enjoy. Your drivel gets old. Why don't you give it a break.

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
Do you have to dump in every Harley thread. We know you hate all things Harley. Are you so miserable that trying to blow out some else's candle will maybe make yours brighter. You would be better off to post about motorcycles you like and enjoy. Your drivel gets old. Why don't you give it a break.

I'm just stating facts. How is that dumping? Is it dumping because you don't like the facts?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I see the ship of fools is under full sail... I do love the predictability...

I’ve had Hondas, Kawasakis, a Yamaha and 2 Ducatis.

Japanese bikes are fine if you want plastic chrome and paint that looks like it was put on by a drunk 5 year old with a dollar store paint can (witch Kawasaki will refuse to fix BTW).

Here is an idea, if you don’t like Harleys just don’t read/reply to Harley threads... especially if you refuse to even try the one you are railing against.

Wow, well said, my thoughts exactly. Let's not forget the quality feel of the controls and hardware, right down to the brake lines.

Last edited:
Hooray!!! Harley finally caught up to the 1980s Japanese musclebikes.

At this pace in another hundred years we might actually see a supersport!!!

Before you Harley tykes get your knickers in a knot it really does smell like a Yamaha V-ro errrrrr I mean V-Max

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I see the ship of fools is under full sail... I do love the predictability...

I’ve had Hondas, Kawasakis, a Yamaha and 2 Ducatis.

Japanese bikes are fine if you want plastic chrome and paint that looks like it was put on by a drunk 5 year old with a dollar store paint can (witch Kawasaki will refuse to fix BTW).

Here is an idea, if you don’t like Harleys just don’t read/reply to Harley threads... especially if you refuse to even try the one you are railing against.

Wow, well said, my thoughts exactly. Let's not forget the quality feel of the controls and hardware, right down to the brake lines.

Funny thing is, this thing has just as much plastic on it as the metrics do...

Originally Posted By: DdDd

Before you Harley tykes get your knickers in a knot it really does smell like a Yamaha V-ro errrrrr I mean V-Max

Look how much of a big deal the HD guys are making out of 4 valves per cylinder...the Japanese have been making 4 valve per cylinder engines for 40 years! Lol!

Originally Posted By: DdDd

Kind of funny, being Harley outsells your brands by almost 10 to 1 ... and sells as many bikes as ALL brands sold in the USA combined. Its ok though, not everyone can afford one and those disposable metric sport bikes come in handy.
Nothing wrong with that at all, I would even own another but I certainly dont ride down my block trashing brands.

The Harley haters, jealous, are the same people who trash other peoples cars in their community, its not about bikes, its about insecurity it what they drive, ride and how they live.
Secure people dont care what someone buys, rides, drives.

Oh here we go again with the Harley sneer. "My" bikes are typically European. Though I cut my teeth (sometimes literally) on those "disposable" Japanese bikes you speak of.

If you have time to cherish and polish your extreme quality motorcycle, then chances are you ain't riding it enough. Or are riding on boring safe tours... Which is of course only one style of motorcycling.

I for one am glad there are plasticy motorcycles that can be chucked forty feet with nary a care. And little scooters to rent when I travel abroad. Quite frankly I am too busy enjoying myself on two wheels of any kind to give a dam about brand choice. And sofar as the affordability, lots of Harleys are financed to the hilt by people who can barely afford them.

None of this takes away from the fact that these new offerings essentially look like knockoffs of Japanese cruisers of yore. While I applaud Harley for trying new things they can do better. And they'd better if they want to revive sales amongst millennials. Old farts are not a growth market anymore, unless you're selling hip replacements.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

Kind of funny, being Harley outsells your brands by almost 10 to 1 ... and sells as many bikes as ALL brands sold in the USA combined. Its ok though, not everyone can afford one and those disposable metric sport bikes come in handy.
Nothing wrong with that at all, I would even own another but I certainly dont ride down my block trashing brands.

The Harley haters, jealous, are the same people who trash other peoples cars in their community, its not about bikes, its about insecurity it what they drive, ride and how they live.
Secure people dont care what someone buys, rides, drives.

The irony is that in this post, you just displayed the same mentality you're complaining about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back