Rock Auto question

About a year ago I purchased Raybestos Element 3 front rotors and pads from Rockauto based on advice gained here. The price was reasonable and they have been working quite well.

Now the rear brakes need replacement. Ordered the same rotors from Rock listed as a private label close out, but listed as the same Element 3. These are Remy Gold rotors. Can anyone confirm these are indeed the same rotors or at least of equal quality.

Someone else on here recently got those same Remy Golds. They look just like the E3 and probably are the exact same thing.

Yep, same thing happened to me. I ordered Raybestos rotors on closeout and they came as Remy’s. I imagine they’re the same product.

I passed on Element3 rotors recently on RA closeout because they were labeled 'white box' on their site. Call me paranoid, but with people counterfeiting things like spark plugs etc. I wasn't gambling with RA white box rotors.

Installed the rear brakes today. Obviously I can’t vouch for the alloy, but the coating on the rotors appears to be the same as the fronts. Quiet, good brake feel. So far, so good.

The front brakes have a bit over 12k miles. The pads and rotors show very little wear. Still quiet, smooth and powerful.

Back