RIP Peter Tork of The Monkees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
Was never a fan of their music.

You didn't like Neil Diamond? He wrote all their hits.
wink.gif

I'm going to see The Monkees, Micky and Mike, next weekend in AC.

Originally Posted by Leo99
I'm going to see The Monkees, Micky and Mike, next weekend in AC.

I hope they pay tribute to their fallen bandmate Peter!

The Monkees were very seasoned musicians before they came together that day in the studio. They're one of those groups that you have to listen to their album deep cuts (non hits) and 45 b-sides to really hear how awesome they were,and to hear the music they actually played,wrote,and produced. They all played solo and in various local groups before becoming The Monkees.

They did have great songs written for them, no doubt.
And the fun I had as a 6 year old kid eating Cap'n Crunch cereal on Saturday morning watching them be cool & funny on TV was nice.
They did it right. Just 2 seasons on TV, but they did it right. Will be missed.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
The Monkees were very seasoned musicians before they came together that day in the studio. They're one of those groups that you have to listen to their album deep cuts (non hits) and 45 b-sides to really hear how awesome they were,and to hear the music they actually played,wrote,and produced. They all played solo and in various local groups before becoming The Monkees.

I agree. They were pushed as a bunch of funny and crazy band players but they could all really play.

Originally Posted by ZZman
Oh man. Loved the show. Wanted their car!

Wasn't it a modded GTO?

Yes, the 'Monkeymobile' was a modified, supercharged 1967 GTO.

Before my time, but love the show and the music they did. 'Valeri' is one of my faves, guitar work on that rocks!!!

RIP to a 'fun' guy!

1) They were the FAB four! ...as in FABRICATED four....by NBC for a TV show

2) The Monkeemobile was originally gold

3) I saw it in red at a car show

....now there's an empty seat.

"The clothes you're wearin' girl are causing public scenes..."

Any fans of The Monkees absolutely HAS to pick up the Missing Links volumes 1 and 2. LOTS of hidden gems on these two compilations!! TV episode songs never issued on lp/45 and lots of killer songs that were buried in the vaults.

RIP Peter.

I was into the Stones, Beetles & Doors etc. But I must admit, the Monkees music held water IMHO. If I happen to hear a Monkees song on the Oldies radio, it sounds as good as any bands stuff back in the day.

Last edited:
The Monkeys ... a time when the world seemed well. RIP Peter.

Yeah, that MonkeeMobile was a GTO. Could fit all the Monkees in there. George Barris !!!!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back