RIP Gary Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our time on Earth is very short - Does not man have a very hard service on earth? Are not his days like those of a hired man?

Gary actually was much more than mouth, and that alone puts him above his fellow man. Gary used his brief time to help his fellow man as much as possible. He didn't just talk the talk - he walked in the shoes of others and carried others through their tough times. Gary will surely be missed in much larger circles than the web, and that's a big circle right there.

Gary danced his short time on earth. And it was an eloquent dance. Live on, Gary! We can only hope to join you in the good place.

This family lost a beloved member.

"Let the currents guide you friend, give your all and go to sleep, for the water is so warm tonight, the water is so deep."

Condolences to his family.

Tom NJ

He will be missed. It reminds me that it's important to remember that there are real people typing in those messages that we read, agree or disagree with.

He is one of the real people that I'll miss.

Has anyone independently verified this? I did an obit search for Pottstown, PA and Gary's name does not come up.

I find it odd that the original poster has not added anything else to this thread in the way of details.

I just can't believe it. Gary passed away last Monday of a heart attack. Should anyone wish to send a card to Joyce Allan and her family please PM me for the address.

What a shame
frown.gif
. He was the kindest member to hit the keyboard on this site . Enjoyed reading his posts . Our thoughts go out to family and friends .

Rest in peace Gary.

While we mourn your passing, we should all celebrate the life you lived and the lives you touched.

Man, that is sad.

Gary Allan was one of the most humorous and technically astute people I ever knew on BITOG.

His wit and humor will sorely be missed.

Shocked!
frown.gif

I liked his posts and he was a straight shooter.
Sympathies and thoughts are with his family.
RIP, Gary - you were a BIG part of BITOG.

Terrible news. Gary will be sorely missed by everyone who'd had the pleasure of meeting him, or just chatting with him on BITOG. RIP Gary.

I haven't posted here in ages. I got a call about Gary passing away. Even though I haven't posted in ages, Gary had emailed me a few times since I stopped.

Today a friend called me to tell me about Gary's heart attack.

I just wanted to say that Gary was always a true gentleman and treated people with respect. A person who was interested in facts not myth.

Condolences to his wife, family and friends.

RIP Gary

I'm in shock and weak in the bones after this news. I never met the man and I only engaged him in conversation a few times on here. One thing was obvious though, he was very intelligent and thoroughly thought out each post. Prayers sent to the family. For me, a little piece of BITOG is gone today.

Last edited:
I have removed the post with Joyce Allans address. For her safety please do not post the address again. She has more than enough to deal with at this time.

Helen

Very sad...Gary was one of just a few people here whose post's I always made point of reading.
My prayers go out to his family.

Very sad news indeed.

I had many very simulating conversations on line with Gary.
He was always interested in separating truth from myth.
He represented the best of BITOG and was a true gentleman.
He will be sorely missed.

My condolences go out to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back