Replaced drivers side front strut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running M1 oil you would think the struts would last 500,000 miles.
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Trav
Its a bugger to work in those conditions at 25, I did it. Wait till its cooler.

I plan to as the temps here in Illinois have been in the 95-99 range and high humidity. Welding has been rough as well. It's not unusual to see 100-107 in July and August. Mid to late October looks inviting, but this strut needed changing now so you do what you have to do.

You got the immediate problem repaired and that was the important thing! I have no doubt you will take care of it.

I'll venture that there have been no Volkswagens, particularly '70s and 80s, in your stable . . Is it possible that strut quality has improved over the generations ?

Ohh tig1, you are loved. "Bull headed" is something you'd hear on Leave It to Beaver episodes. Nowhere near snarky.

"NY style" snarky no less. I just think what you've done is OBVIOUSLY DANGEROUS and might even slop over to CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT.

And you know I have your interests in mind because I brought up the big, bad insurance company as your enemy.

That replacing the other one is on your to-do list is good to hear.

DRIVE SAFE

Originally Posted By: earthworm
I'll venture that there have been no Volkswagens, particularly '70s and 80s, in your stable . . Is it possible that strut quality has improved over the generations ?

VW was no worst than Ford, GM or anyone else in those years, start talking about old knee shocks and we have a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back