Repairing vinyl inflatable.

I mentioned the air mattresses that I had leaking. Duct tape was a very temporary fix, and even the adhesive patch packaged with it didn't work very well - especially when the leak was right at the seam. I had a pretty good seal by just using copious amounts of Loctite Vinyl, Cloth, & Plastic adhesive. But recently I had a small leak and I thought a dot of it with some masking tape to mask off the adhesive coverage would work. Only it didn't seem to penetrate into the hole and I found that it had turned into a tear. However, I'm thinking the tear is probably going to seal better than the tiny leak. Also - it's frustrating because all these leaks are occurring right at the seams, although I suppose that's where the stress that creates tears would be concentrated.

I figure that commercial bounce houses get fixed all the time. However, they're usually actively inflated with one or more blowers and are designed for some air to exit, so I suppose a small leak doesn't necessarily kill it, unless maybe it's an inflatable water slide and there's water ingress. Still - they must do these sort of repairs all the time even though the material has got to be way different (they seem reinforced with fibers) than an air mattress.

You're right about bounce houses. Air mattress....... leak at seam, forget it. Buy a better one.

Keeps on blowing more leaks. Always a tiny tear at the edge of the coil beam. Probably should have gotten one from Coleman or Intex. This one is by some company called Bestway. Not only that, but it claimed to be queen sized but looks about 4 inches narrower/shorter.

Back