Rental Buick Regal: worth a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Unfortunately it's a Nissan dealer, not a GM. Or can that be arranged?

Did the dealer buy it at auction? Just wondering the history of it. Do you have a link for it? I do like the interior of the Regal better than the Lacrosse. Seems more up to date.

According to the Carfax, yes, it was bought at an auction. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/699100889/overview/?aff=marketab&emc=marketab

Unfortunately it's a Nissan dealer, not a GM. Or can that be arranged?

Did the dealer buy it at auction? Just wondering the history of it. Do you have a link for it? I do like the interior of the Regal better than the Lacrosse. Seems more up to date.

According to the Carfax, yes, it was bought at an auction. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/699100889/overview/?aff=marketab&emc=marketab

That is a sharp car!

Good service history. The dealer has had it for close to 3 months. Which means I smell a nice discount. I think you can get it closer to the 10k mark than the 20k mark. Someone on here bought a couple year old Regal turbo for 14k, low miles.

Sweet, that was easy found the thread:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4388442/1

i would ask for it to be g.m. certfied for the extra warranty.

Originally Posted By: jstert
i would ask for it to be g.m. certfied for the extra warranty.

The car is for sale by a Nissan dealer. But if the OP buys it he "might" be able to buy a GM certified warranty from a dealer at a decent price. I know certain Honda dealers did this or offer extensions on the original warranty.

Yes, the Regal has been on the lot for a while -- I saw it in a 'Net search earlier this year. As SatinSilver suggested, I might be able to negotiate a discount. The sales guy whom I contacted through Cars.com yesterday was busily trying to get me to commit to a test drive. I'll bet they want to move it.

I'd have thought somebody nearby would have grabbed it fast . . . but Buick and its models are still at a disadvantage. People think of Buicks as "old guy cars," until they actually drive one.

Well, if I'm serious, I need to see what my insurance would be like, and what interest rate my credit union would give me. . . .

Yes, the Regal has been on the lot for a while -- I saw it in a 'Net search earlier this year. As SatinSilver suggested, I might be able to negotiate a discount. The sales guy whom I contacted through Cars.com yesterday was busily trying to get me to commit to a test drive. I'll bet they want to move it.

I'd have thought somebody nearby would have grabbed it fast . . . but Buick and its models are still at a disadvantage. People think of Buicks as "old guy cars," until they actually drive one.

Well, if I'm serious, I need to see what my insurance would be like, and what interest rate my credit union would give me. . . .

A while back my local Buick dealer had a CPO Regal GS with three pedals(and no hole in the roof- Yay!). It really looked nice; at the time I was hunting for something RWD, otherwise I would have given it a hard look.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

A while back my local Buick dealer had a CPO Regal GS with three pedals(and no hole in the roof- Yay!). It really looked nice; at the time I was hunting for something RWD, otherwise I would have given it a hard look.

My problem with the GS in general is that they all seem to come with black interiors. And the seats . . . I sat in one of the first- or second-year models at my local dealer. That seat felt as hard as the wooden benches the coaches made us sit on in PE in junior high! Maybe Buick has improved the seats since then.

The GS models I've seen come with all wheel drive and huge 19 inch wheels with an ultra low series tire. They look nice but have to be super expensive to replace. Not to mention if a wheel gets damaged.

Plus don't want the added complexity of AWD in a four door sedan.

The Nissan dealer will probably sell you a warranty on anything on the lot. You can buy a GM certified warranty or whatever they call it online for a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back