Removing Gear Oil/Smell from garage?

Yes that’s correct dry grounds at work they buy us the cheap coffee for it but it works great. I was actually the one who suggested it to my boss after my dad showed me the trick. It dries it up as well normally we would just use oil dry but then the smell doesn’t go away.
Just did a front diffy change. I am HERE to report that coffee works really well. Thank you!!!

Automechanic, my Mom had a house cat (and hard wood floors) that did not like to use a litter box. Oh, MY!!!!!!
Her Vet and I are really good friends. Mom's cat died from diabetes.

2 years later and 144 bottles of Fabreez, her house smells fine.

Sweep the floor really well, then dilute this with water as per the suggested ratio. Buy a scrub brush with a handle. Put it on the floor and scrub the floor like you were still in the Navy. Then soak it up with a few rolls of paper towels. Oil Eater is available on Amazon, shipped for free. Shown with the shipping tape on it. Good luck. :)

View attachment 32576

^^ great stuff

On Saturday I found a very inexpensive cleaner that works near miracle level on concrete (better than Simple Green, coffee, Tide, etc) and kills the diff oil stench dead. Please don't laugh, AS SEEN ON TV!!

A gallon was ~$6 at Lowe's and then I saw this same stuff I never heard of at Grocery Discount 32oz for $1.79, during the same shopping trip. Just spray, and wash off. Done. Spotless. Stinky gravel spill area? Spray and walk away, smell and evidence gone for good. None of this is scientific but I have tried most everything in this thread (except the Oil Eater, which I still may try)

1) above is said, "...Mom's cat died from diabetes." YEAH, LATER THAT WEEK after I bought some dry ice and a 5 gallon bucket.

2) The coffee ground (absorbent) trick is a good one and particularly useful after puppies dump on the rug. Remove the bulk, give a quick rub with a rag or paper towel then cover with fresh ground coffee.

3) I drizzle boiling water on any oil stain / cleaned spill and squirt on undiluted Purple Power (others work as well). Oils want to float and the heat accelerates the process. Repeat as necessary.
Where you can't use lots of water to rinse I suggest having a wet-dry shop vac right there. It might take longer than a flowing rinse but it will get the job done.

Back