Remington 870 barrel

Recommendations for a Remington 870, 18 inch barrel? Which ones are the best
Anything wrong with a Remington factory barrel? Or do they not make them in that length?

i bought a slug barrel for my SIL at a gun show for $50.

Since you specifically mention 18" barrel, it sounds like you are seeking an SD/HD barrel. Is that correct? I would contact the "new" Remington and ask if they are pushing out barrels at this time. They are making 18" 870 complete shotguns. Hastings makes a quality barrel but not so sure they offer 18" SD/HD barrels.

Another option is having a longer fiend barrel cut down by a gunsmith. Pretty cheap and easy job since you'd likely be running a cylinder bore for SD/HD buck and slug rounds.

I checked Remarms website and did not see barrels listed. Carlson makes barrels but they’re very expensive
Yes, it will be used for home defense

I purchased a new Remarms 870 Wingmaster came with 28 inch barrel. Looking for an 18 inch barrel for home Defense

Last edited:
Yes, I want the option of using it for hunting and home defense
If the barrel is just for home defense, then I don't think the quality or bells and whistles(rifle sites etc) matter much. I would place a higher priority on the ability to mount a light than what the choke pattern was and I would go with a fixed choke barrel(should cost less and won't make a difference anyway).
If you decide to go a different route, look into the IWI Tavor12, it has three 5 shot "magazines", you could literally have 5 shots of beanbag or other LTL round, 5 buckshot and 5 slug/ball, all in the same gun.

I like that remchoke Carlsons barrel . I have Remchokes in my Ithaca Riot gun. Very versatile as I shoot skeet & Trap with it. It never hurts to be familiar with your SD gun in stressful situations.

Back