Relocated A Chipmunk

I've had to relocate animals on a few occasions.

When I lived in Kentucky, we had a racoon that was eating our cat's food, off the front porch. The city animal control officer had live traps that they would loan out to catch animals. It didn't take long to catch the racoon. They are scary critters to deal with. Pretty viscous. I relocated it a few miles out of town next to corn fields. Never saw it again.

Where I live now, when we first got there, we had a real big problem with cats in our yard. A son of one neighbor would bring home stray cats to his mother, who loves cats. The cats would dig up flowers out of flower pots, so they could use the pot as a litter box. And the flower beds also turned into litter boxes. We had one feral cat that had a couple of liters behind the shrubs in our front yard. So it became time to control the situation.

I bought a live trap and started catching cats that frequented our back yard. I would relocate them to rural farming communities, where I figured there had to be a good supply if mice and such, to keep them fed. It worked. It is very rare that I have a problem with cat crap in my flower beds and vegetable gardens any longer.

Are we talking like a 20w50?

I relocated a chipmunk once to my farm. Once released, the dumb critter ran full speed into my pond only to be eaten by a bass before my eyes.

I dont know if the chipmunk returned or if it's a different one but there's one in the downspout

I've had to relocate animals on a few occasions.

When I lived in Kentucky, we had a racoon that was eating our cat's food, off the front porch. The city animal control officer had live traps that they would loan out to catch animals. It didn't take long to catch the racoon. They are scary critters to deal with. Pretty viscous. I relocated it a few miles out of town next to corn fields. Never saw it again.

Where I live now, when we first got there, we had a real big problem with cats in our yard. A son of one neighbor would bring home stray cats to his mother, who loves cats. The cats would dig up flowers out of flower pots, so they could use the pot as a litter box. And the flower beds also turned into litter boxes. We had one feral cat that had a couple of liters behind the shrubs in our front yard. So it became time to control the situation.

I bought a live trap and started catching cats that frequented our back yard. I would relocate them to rural farming communities, where I figured there had to be a good supply if mice and such, to keep them fed. It worked. It is very rare that I have a problem with cat crap in my flower beds and vegetable gardens any longer.
If you had asked the farmer if it was OK to turn a racoon loose in his corn field he would not have reacted well. A racoon can devastate a large area of corn. They will pull down ear after ear eating only a little corn on each. I once lost 50 feet of row to a racoon.

Animals should not be relocated. All this does is make your problem somebody else's. Indiana dnr says pest raccoons can only be relocated with permission of the property owner, or killed. I personally have killed 135 chipmunks and 10 raccoons so far this year. Tired of them destroying my property.

I was walking by the garage and I heard rustling in the downspout so I picked it up and flung it and a Chipmunk came out and hit the fence . It was still alive but didnt move so I put it into a pail and off we went to a nearby wooded area a few miles away . Luckily it couldnt move around like it's normal self because the pail fell over a couple times in the car . This guy has dug several holes up by the house recently and I'm tired of it . I'm not sure but It may be the same one that's making holes around here for a couple years . Glad he's gone and hope he doesn't find his way back . LOL
Ask Elaine Benes if you can get rid of an animal that easy. He'll be back and eat a hole in your squll.

ALL destructive or dangerous pests living on my property get relocated.... permanently, to Heaven.

Back