red means don't go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: eljefino
red means don't go

Yeah, but, if no one's looking...
smile.gif

I know somebody who ended up getting busted for possession because he went through a red when he thought nobody was looking.

Looks like he needed an oil change anyhow
smile.gif

We have traffic cams here , I hope they are not connected to anything. If traffic is light I stop and gow when safe to do so. I'm not sitting around for "unintelligent" stop lights - especially RED left turn arrows!

What sort of idiotic rigbis that accident waiting to happen! Yea I can see that sort of thing in front of an. Embassy or other high security area as a terrorist deterrent ,still this overbuilt needlessly complicated managery is way out of place for the usual parking facility. I’d love to know how much that thing cost. I’ll bet that foolish thing has claimed more victims than this.
Take a look at the typical, useful functional sort of rig they use worldwide ,the arm is meant to break off. It has to be or the thing will be ripped to bits when that HD arm shreds the mechanism. It’s never a matter of if it’s always how often. When’s the last time you saw one of those arm block gates that wasn’t showing signs of damage?

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Tourists in particular may not read the language, and may not even understand these things exist.

Are we forgetting that there's a yellow thing the size of a small child sticking out of the middle of the street?

What a whacky disorganized thread.

Who knows what the security level of the road is? What do discussions of red lights have to do with it?

..BOASTING about running red arrows?? Someday you'll be seen doing it.

Red light cameras are unconstitutional because you cannot face your accuser in court. This is the main reason why cities across the US are doing away with them. People are starting to contest the tickets in large numbers citing the constitution. Click here. The camera company usually gets 80% of the revenue from the ticket.
As to the pole thingy; At least the maintenance guy wont have to come out and lube it that week.

Originally Posted By: Kira
What a whacky disorganized thread.

Who knows what the security level of the road is? What do discussions of red lights have to do with it?

..BOASTING about running red arrows?? Someday you'll be seen doing it.

Ohh My! Gasp!

Been driving for over 45 years way Before there were %^$%^% traffic lights every 100 yards at every intersection for todays common moron drivers. Yes most of YOU out there are brain dead.

I can stop, look, and then go where safe to do so. I'm Not waiting for a mindless traffic control in nowhereville where there is 1/8 mile or more clear view and no traffic.

The country is milquetoast limp.
Come in an conquer!

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Those things are a serious menace and truly have no place on public roads. The guy in the van was lucky it was only the oil pan/engine that was damaged. It could have been his life.

There have been plenty of horrific bollard crashes and worst of all, injuries to the kids in the car. Tourists in particular may not read the language, and may not even understand these things exist.

Depends on what the light is stopping traffic for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back