Toyota Pink or Prestone red

I used the Prestone pink/red in my RAV4 but I'd use the Toyota pink if I had it.

The PSDS attached to the link shows that Prestone (Max) "Asian" still uses 2eha as inhibitor. No Asian OEM AF including Toyota SLL uses it. That being the case, 'I' would not use it in a Toyota. Otoh, Peak OET Asian and Zerex Asian use no 2eha and have same attributes as Asian Phoat OEM AFs.

So depending on cost, Toyota SLL pink, Zerex Asian AF. Peak OET Asian AF or Napa Asian AF all good options for SLL Toyota vehicles.

What about the Pentofrost A4 pink? Rockauto us selling it for $17 50/50 gal?
Does the Pentoftrost have the water pump lubricants like the Toyota pink?

Anything Prestone is all the same formula that contains 2eha as the inhibitor. Stay away unless you fully flush the system.

Not sure why people are so adamant at matching the coolant color instead of actually matching the coolant formulas.
Color means nothing.
U are absolutely correct. Grew up on the garanimals mentality. Thank u for pointing out the flaw.

What about the Pentofrost A4 pink?...
Pentofrost A4 pink, like Peak OET Asian/(Napa Asian) and Zerex Asian also fine for use. Remember though when you buy from RA, need to consider shipping costs too.

And 'for me', even with a complete flush would not use topic Prestone Max "Asian" because of 2eha use.

I purchased, today, the SLL Toyota pink 50/50 for my 2023 Toyota RAV4 with the 4cyl. 2.5 liter engine. Cost, with tax, $ 29.32 for a gallon. Car is still under warranty, but I will probably continue with the Toyota brand antifreeze/ coolant even after the warranty. I see no advantage, cost or maintaining reliability, to change to another brand.

I have flushed a few Toyota cooling systems and used prestone all makes all models antifreeze. They all ran like normal, no leaks, no problems. It’s best if you stick w OEM coolant so you don’t have to worry about compatibility

Thanks for the information and suggestion about sticking with the OEM and the potential compatibility issues. Much appreciated.

I guess everyone here dinging 2EHA in an Asian vehicle application doesn't know that Subaru's OEM Super Coolant is now Prestone dyed blue. Can't believe it? Take a look at the ingredient list. Look familiar?

It's made by Prestone, the telltale hint is the "SDS 922" in the lower left corner on the back. They put an "SDS xxx" notation on all their coolants bottles.

This change makes perfect sense. I've been using Dexclones in Asian vehicles for well over 17 years with no issues whatsoever.

Subaru Coolant back.jpg

Subaru Coolant front.jpg

Last edited:
I guess everyone here dinging 2EHA in an Asian vehicle application doesn't know that Subaru's OEM Super Coolant is now Prestone dyed blue. Can't believe it? Take a look at the ingredient list. Look familiar?

It's made by Prestone, the telltale hint is the "SDS 922" in the lower left corner on the back. They put an "SDS xxx" notation on all their coolants bottles.

This change makes perfect sense. I've been using Dexclones in Asian vehicles for well over 17 years with no issues whatsoever.

View attachment 213550

View attachment 213551
Great info

How did u determine sds 922 is Prestone ? Is there a link?

Back